Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar-related domestic violence

On that note, I had a guy recently bring me an old beat to shit red-label Yamaha acoustic for me to set-up and give it a spa day (there was a dustball the size of a cupcake inside of it, no kidding). He mentioned he uses it to play just one song (I can't remember what he said it was, I just remember it had the word "hang" in it), and that he's been playing that one, sole song for "probably 40 years."

My first thought was I gotta hear this, because this shit should sound just like the record by now.

Oh God my wife used to go nuts way back when there was a studio in the basement and they'd be mixing one short section of a song over and over and over for hours at a time. And every time it sounded exactly the same.

34 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

On that note, I had a guy recently bring me an old beat to shit red-label Yamaha acoustic for me to set-up and give it a spa day (there was a dustball the size of a cupcake inside of it, no kidding). He mentioned he uses it to play just one song (I can't remember what he said it was, I just remember it had the word "hang" in it), and that he's been playing that one, sole song for "probably 40 years."

My first thought was I gotta hear this, because this shit should sound just like the record by now.

Hang On, Sloopy?

Let It All Hang Out?

44 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

It should sound like the record by the tenth time IMO.  

39 minutes ago, tommy p said:

Hang On, Sloopy?

Let It All Hang Out?

All I remember was "hang" or "hanging," something like that. Probably something late 60s and "flowery," however, because this guy was still living in that decade and apparently still that state of mind.

A massive patch of wild-growth (overgrown) bamboo lines the back fence adjacent to my shop, and he told me they had a lot of bamboo where he lived in California. He said he used to love dropping acid and watching it grow.

39 minutes ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

RE "hang": "Hang down your head, Tom Dooley"?

My sister would play that over and over.

On the accordion.

After the TENTH time,  it should be.....

"Hand down your guitar Tom Dooley

Hand down your guitar or die."

Archived