Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Can anyone identify this?

I bought this at a Goodwill because it was 15 dollars.  It was looking like a total piece of crap with a hole broken into the top by one of the knobs.

I was thinking it may be an old Japanese guitar?  Maybe not.  Just thought maybe because of the zero fret and laminate body.

It came with a wrap around tailpiece that I replaced with what you see.  I may put it back on.

The pickups that were in it were a mismatched set of unmarked, one covered, one more emg style.

The tuners were crap and a few were broken.

I fixed the hole in the top with some JB wood putty.

It's ok.  Just got a wild hair to fix something up.

Yeah, the nut is filthy.  The whole guitar is dirty.  I just slapped it together haha.

Cannot identify it since whatever logo was on it has fallen off some time ago.

IMG_1141.JPG

Repair.JPG

Zero Fret.JPG

That looks a lot like the bolt-on lam body MIJ $149ish LP copies Sears used to sell in their holiday wish book in the 70s.

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

Absolutely. I know what it is.

It's the Begging-to-be-smashed-ocaster.

For sure.

It works now so I'll probably just re donate it.

That's a HONDO if I ever saw one. If it's not a Hondo, then it's still a Hondo - if you know what I mean. 😄

Ah yes, very interesting. The Latin name for this creation, is Titanicus Giganticus Crapulus. It usually only comes out at night, when everything is dark and no one can see and embarrass the owner/player. They are usually made from the wood of the "never" tree, because when people see it they say, "that wood never came from a tree". A rare find indeed sir. Congrats.

2 hours ago, Disturber said:

That's a HONDO if I ever saw one. If it's not a Hondo, then it's still a Hondo - if you know what I mean. 😄

Exactly my thought!

Gabe 😀

Archived