Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Rio Grande Dirty Harry Tele Set $115 Shipped

Thats what I said, they are in the box, but have been installed. I was very surprised by the neck pickup and underwhelmed by bridge pickup. Yes it sounds like a P90, big, fat, but I missed the chime, just not my flavor. 

@Hbom I believe in trying it for myself. They sound like P90's in a Tele and if you like that, your in. I needed to see if that was something that I like, but I really just like the sound of a tele with T style pickups. 

Great pups, just not my thing. 

@Bubs_42. Sorry. I never meant to queer your sale. I'm sure those are fine pickups. Every review I have read of them says so. I made that remark pre-meds on Monday and mostly was commenting on the fact that neither of us were able to find a place to put them. I had them for a couple of years and a half dozen Telecasters went by but I never found one to put them in. That was about the same time that I started using 3 pickups in Teles and that setup just never seemed to fit in. Never even tried them!

So my Monday remark was totally out of line and I should of kept my damn keyboard shut.

Sorry.

6 hours ago, Hbom said:

@Bubs_42. Sorry. I never meant to queer your sale. I'm sure those are fine pickups. Every review I have read of them says so. I made that remark pre-meds on Monday and mostly was commenting on the fact that neither of us were able to find a place to put them. I had them for a couple of years and a half dozen Telecasters went by but I never found one to put them in. That was about the same time that I started using 3 pickups in Teles and that setup just never seemed to fit in. Never even tried them!

So my Monday remark was totally out of line and I should of kept my damn keyboard shut.

Sorry.

PFFF, no worries. I'm been really lazy at trying to sell stuff lately. The calm before the storm I think. 

Archived