Hamer Fan Club Message Center

4-3-2-1 Club 15 Year Anniversary Jam, June 16, 2018

It's REALLY hard for me to believe that it's been 15 years since my awakening. That's right, 15 years ago, on June 14, 2003, I opened my house the the HFC, Minneapolis Chapter. As Robb would later say, and I repeat, my life was never the same after meeting these guys. Fast forward 15 years, and I find that ALL the participants from that first gathering are still regulars at the 4-3-2-1 Club HFC jams, and we've included many, many more local participants and celebrity guests.

I still remember the trepidation I felt as the date approached and I thought, "My God, what am I doing? I'm opening my house to random strangers (kinda) from the internet. Are you effing crazy?" The rest is history.

In honor of this auspicious anniversary, I'd like to open the house up one more time, just to see what might happen. ha.  In order to pick a Saturday closest to the original date, I'd like to propose Saturday, June 16 as the date for the 4-3-2-1 Club 15 Year Anniversary Jam.

How does this date look for you guys? Any celebrities want to make the pilgrimage?

Here's the first picture ever taken at a 4-3-2-1 Club Jam, and it features Bill W with one of his beloved copper Hamers. This is the only photo of Bill from that day, because IIRC he had to leave for a gig.

I'll post a few more photos from that fateful day in the coming weeks. It's amazing to me that the cast of characters, and in some cases even the guitars, are still in heavy rotation at the 4-3-2-1 Club. The HFC has staying power, I guess.

113-1339_IMG.JPG

48 minutes ago, BruceM said:

In honor of this auspicious anniversary, I'd like to open the house up one more time, just to see what might happen. ha.  In order to pick a Saturday closest to the original date, I'd like to propose Saturday, June 16 as the date for the 4-3-2-1 Club 15 Year Anniversary Jam.

How does this date look for you guys? Any celebrities want to make the pilgrimage?

The date's no good for me, but I sure wish I could attend.
I'll either be traveling for work (Los Angeles) or at home blowing out a shitload of birthday candles.
Anyway, the date hardly matters since you'll likely have a blizzard that day.

Are those wienies done yet, @sirDaniel?

20180224_170426.jpg

2011 Good time.

Brothers McBride.

hfc2011e.jpg

Eric rawking a sweet Standard.

hfc2011g.jpg

BRUCE!! The best host.

hfc2011p.jpg

Robbie singing a tune and playing that Standard.

hfc2011r.jpg

A frequent visitor from Illinois(e). ;)

hfc2011s.jpg

I don't remember if I was at the first one, but I've enjoyed Bruce's hospitality at 4321 events many times. Unfortunately, the 16th doesn't work for me, but I encourage any HFCer who hasn't attended one of Bruce's gatherings to make the trip.  You might want to spend some extra time as well.  The twin cities are amazing in June.

I remember is vividly...   I had an outdoor day gig with my band that day, so I was warmed up, I walked in the house went straight to the basement, I was given some sort of stringed instrument, and we proceeded to rip it up.   They were like some sort of long lost brothers in this basement that felt immediately like home, and the adventure continues...   :)      

thank you Bruce!!!  

This date is on my calendar!!!    

19 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

I don't remember if I was at the first one, but I've enjoyed Bruce's hospitality at 4321 events many times. Unfortunately, the 16th doesn't work for me, but I encourage any HFCer who hasn't attended one of Bruce's gatherings to make the trip.  You might want to spend some extra time as well.  The twin cities are amazing in June.

Yeah, the blizzard that swooped in for the Frozen Jam was ridiculous.

Would love to swing this somehow. We shall see.

Bruce,

Carmie and I would love to celebrate at the 4321 club with you. Unfortunately, (again!!!!) we are going to be on our first road trip in ages on that weekend and we have our niece's wedding on the following one (June 23rd). Personally, I'd rather be at your party than the wedding, but I don't think Carmie's family would approve...

If you end up choosing the weekend of the 29th, we would love to be there, but obviously you have to do what works for you and everyone else. Happy Anniversary!!!

George

I  have never had the pleasure, but always thought I'd get there some day. Alas The entire month of June is totally shot for me!

Happy Anniversary!

Someday Maybe

ArnieZ

6 hours ago, MCChris said:

Yeah, the blizzard that swooped in for the Frozen Jam was ridiculous.

Would love to swing this somehow. We shall see.

That drive home was dicey for the first couple of hours, but that all the fun right! ;) 

Side Note: That was Ray's Vanguard with Rio P90's into an EQ Pedal, smacking the front end of the Valvetech into the Z Cab. That was fun! 

I believe the 15th would be a good date for me! Hard to believe it's been 15 years - we must have been really young at some point...

The Stone Arch Bridge Festival is going on in town that weekend for something fun to do as well...

IMG_1710.JPG

He's Everywhere!

IMG_1726.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

This one's coming right up. I've talked personally to a number of local players who indicated they will be there.

It's almost time to head over to Everett's for wieners and brats, and I'll start thinking about a chili to prepare.

Anyone else I haven't talked to that needs a little persuasion?

Here's SirDan and Eric from that first party in June, 2003. Unfortunately, Eric won't be able to join us at the party this week due to an out-of-town commitment, but that 12-string eclipse will!  Dan's 25th Ltd is long gone (as is mine, which I bought after playing that one on that day), but Dan's not!

EricDanEclipse12-25thLtd.JPG

I would love to attend, but I am currently down in Georgia taking care of mom. At 97 she was finally told by the doctor not to drive anymore. I will be there sometime in the future though. Have a great party!

I was there a little later in the evening, caught the last of a very tight set by the Play Prettys, choice Americana Pop stuff.

I was in a fairly perky set featuring Stones, Boston, Tommy TuTone (you know the one). 

Thankyou Bruce Mcbride. Every time I leave one of these I know I made a good choice to come.

Somebody put something in the brownies, and I didn't have my glasses on all night, so I didn't take many pictures and all my exposures were a little fuzzy. Here's a late-night pic featuring a few of the guys, and Lawrence on the pink cruisebass.  They were probably playing Miss You.  This pic certainly captures the spirit of the evening!

HFC-Jam-061618.JPG

Archived