Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A different version of Crazy Train

I gotta do some bragging here. This is my sister, Bonnie Anderson's group of students called Mojo-Rimba. My Niece is also one of the band members. They have been invited to play at Carnegie Hall this June and have been performing non-stop to raise the $$$ needed to cover the travel costs to get the kids and their instruments there and back. Ozzy came across one of their videos and tweeted about how much he liked it. In addition, my sister was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award last night at the HEB Excellence In Education Awards Ceremony held in Houston in recognition of her efforts in Music Education and received a $25,000.00 check plus a matching amount to the school's program. Enjoy the video.

Your sister apparently took time to teach the kids to be entertaining as they play.  There are way too many kids who play with no life in their music, but in that video they all move with the music and put on a show. 

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Your sister apparently took time to teach the kids to be entertaining as they play.  There are way too many kids who play with no life in their music, but in that video they all move with the music and put on a show. 

My sister marched to the beat of a different drum growing up and I think that she instills that "free spirit" in her students. I also failed to mention that she was a top 10 Grammy finalist for Music Educator of the Year for the past 2 years. I am hoping that she will win it this time with all of her recent accolades. 

Archived