Hamer Fan Club Message Center

BigGAS Sale - 1983 Dean Elite

1983 USA Dean Elite - $1000.00  Buyer pays shipping and any PPal fees.

Braziliaburst.  (thanks Armitage)  Player condition, see below for details.

The Good

Sounds great, plays great.  Light V neck - not too big (0.83" at the first fret and 0.88" at the twelfth - with the V carve, it actually feels thinner).  Ebony board and 24 frets with a 12" radius.  Shrimp-fork headstock, so if you don't like the "big heads", this is a bonus.  Original bridge with fine tuners.  It's been rewired with new pots, so everything is clean and works perfectly. 

Frets are clean - light wear at the cowboy chords, but plenty of fret left.

The Bad

This has been a player, and it has its scars.  Notably, there is a split at the top of the headstock that has been repaired.  Looks like the tips were hit as there are chips there as well.  The repair is nowhere near the stress point of the headstock.  I cannot speak to the repair (it was repaired before I got the guitar), but it has held up well to my abuse over the past 4 years.  (i honestly forgot about it until i was taking these pictures...)

There is also a ding on the guitar top that was filled (again, by previous owner).  Color is matched well, but the fill is noticeable up close.  I just tell people it is a cigarette burn from Cousin Kevin.

Aside from those, the wear is what you'd expect for a 25 year old guitar.

Electronics and strap locks are not original.  Not sure about the tuners.  Pups and bridge are original.  Case is not original, but fits the guitar well enough to gig with.  I'll add extra padding for shipping.

83_Elite-01.jpg

83_Elite-02.jpg

83_Elite-03.jpg

83_Elite-04.jpg

83_Elite-04b.jpg

83_Elite-05.jpg

83_Elite-06.jpg

83_Elite-07.jpg

83_Elite-08.jpg

83_Elite-09.jpg

83_Elite-10.jpg

83_Elite-11.jpg

83_Elite-12.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I always liked the E'lites with shrimp fork headstock.. Obviously many want the series 2 headstock, but this one works well on this body style.
Still waiting for the right E'lite or caddi like Ocaseks...

This body style has always been one of my favorites, and it's odd that Ive only owned one over the years.

Archived