Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ordering from Mike - #106 - Maverick or double cut?

RockinJim

If you have to ask us whether to go with a single cut or double cut you might want to rethink why you are ordering a new Shishkov.  You are the one who will be playing it.  What are you really looking for in a new guitar?  If you have too many Super-Strats then what are your other guitars like?  If you are picking up a single cut or a double cut more often then you have your answer. 

25 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

If you have to ask us whether to go with a single cut or double cut you might want to rethink why you are ordering a new Shishkov.  You are the one who will be playing it.  What are you really looking for in a new guitar?  If you have too many Super-Strats then what are your other guitars like?  If you are picking up a single cut or a double cut more often then you have your answer. 

I submitted the quote for the Maverick which I will likely stay with. I have not played either model and I know people here have them. Why I asked. I prefer a single cut with Floyd over a double cut in general. I have about 25 super strats. His double cut looks sweet but the horns are kinda narrow and I'm not concerned about upper fret access, etc. 

With the blended heel on the DC,I don't have any trouble with fret access. Then again, I play classic rock, mostly, so I'm not up there that much...  I haven't played a Maverick yet, but would love to. 

As JB said above, either will be great. 

56 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Get one of each.

Then sell the cast-offs to bubs.

...so HE can flip them in a week.

22 hours ago, RockinJim said:

I submitted the quote for the Maverick which I will likely stay with. I have not played either model and I know people here have them. Why I asked. I prefer a single cut with Floyd over a double cut in general. I have about 25 super strats. His double cut looks sweet but the horns are kinda narrow and I'm not concerned about upper fret access, etc. 

I am probably the only person on here that has played the DC, the Maverick and the Super-C back to back bar Mike?

You won't have a problem with access with the blended heel on the Maverick.  In fact I very nearly ordered a Maverick with a carved top but ended up going for another Super-C.  I totally get why you went for a Maverick.

9 hours ago, DBraz said:

I am probably the only person on here that has played the DC, the Maverick and the Super-C back to back bar Mike?

You won't have a problem with access with the blended heel on the Maverick.  In fact I very nearly ordered a Maverick with a carved top but ended up going for another Super-C.  I totally get why you went for a Maverick.

Thanks for your comments. I'll stick with the Maverick.

22 minutes ago, RockinJim said:

Just heard from Trish today, production number 106...trans charcoal carved flame top with flame maple board, abalone inlays, chrome hardware and floyd.

What a way to blow your load. LOL 

Archived