Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Virtuoso info...

I'm not really familiar with the Virtuoso model and was looking for info on them. Was this a production model and what years were they made? Does any member here own this particular guitar?

6r0phe.png

Were many made in this color with nickel hardware or was this a custom order? Any info would be much appreciated. Been looking for one for awhile. Thanks

I've seen this one on this board I'm pretty sure but I can't remember if it was six months ago or 16 years ago ... years of beers took their toll ...

They were a production model, if you want to call it that. Production implies quantity haha. What, two, maybe possibly three dozen Virts at most?

4 hours ago, Jeff R said:

I've seen this one on this board I'm pretty sure but I can't remember if it was six months ago or 16 years ago ... years of beers took their toll ...

They were a production model, if you want to call it that. Production implies quantity haha. What, two, maybe possibly three dozen Virts at most?

Thanks for replying, I wasn't aware there were so few made. That blue one I like is most likely the only one. Not much chance I'll find another. It is beautiful! Most Strat style Hamers I've seen come with black hardware. Not a real fan of it in black. 

Back when I owned 5 Virts at one moment, it was believe there were 22 made.  Since then people have come along and implied there are possibly 30, but I have seen no evidence to support that.   

While they were cool to own, i prefer shorter scale length guitars so I sold mine off.  

I love the Virtuoso.  The scale length and pickup combination definitely provides its own voice.

And they’re sooo easy to play.

If you have little hands the lower register may be an issue but I find the combination - scale length, materials, scalloped board etc utterly compelling.  

23 hours ago, CuseFan559 said:

I'm not really familiar with the Virtuoso model and was looking for info on them. Was this a production model and what years were they made? Does any member here own this particular guitar?

6r0phe.png

A Kahler on a Virt? Ahhhhrrrrggghhhh!  Like holy water on a vampire... 😣

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Not if your name is Van Helsing.  :mellow:

Van Helsing can't play for shit anyway. Total poser...😄

15 hours ago, diablo175 said:

A Kahler on a Virt? Ahhhhrrrrggghhhh! 

Yeah, it was probably a Sustain Block that somebody carved.

• 2 weeks later...

KK Downing's Virtuoso has a Kahler. Most have Floyd Roses but you've got the handful of Kahlers and a few with Sustain Block bridges.

2-3 dozen made, most of them were configured differently - different finishes, hardware, etc. All of them got Seymour Duncan Hot Rails pickups (I think; maybe a couple got OBLs?) All except 1, maybe 2, had scalloped maple fretboards - the exceptions had ebony scalloped fretboards. Last one just sold for $5000.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

can be the Virtuoso the most original Hamer construction?

It certainly could but originality didn’t help it sell many.  They are an acquired taste and expensive.  Personally I think they’re worth every penny.  

20 hours ago, pablo said:

can be the Virtuoso the most original Hamer construction?

I'd have to say it's the 12 string bass that's Hamer's most original contribution to guitardom.

Archived