Hamer Fan Club Message Center

US Hamer Korina Artist Boomers

SOLD  All Korina construction, ebony board with iconic boomerang inlays.  White almost pearlescent finish - it's a stunning guitar in person. COA OHSC. Aftermarket Harmonic Design P90s.  Virtually unplayed in all the years I owned this one.  US only. sca 964 at yahoo d o t com

mzczu1A.jpg

I'd love to know what these things sell for - when you delete the price, we lose that information.  It's tough to price Hamers, especially cool, unique ones, so if you guys wouldn't mind leaving the prices up when things sell, we'd really appreciate it.

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I'd love to know what these things sell for - when you delete the price, we lose that information.  It's tough to price Hamers, especially cool, unique ones, so if you guys wouldn't mind leaving the prices up when things sell, we'd really appreciate it.

A Gear Page "rule" which I completely ignore. (Along with the others).

should be up to the buyer if he wants to share what he paid.   Although I definitely think the ad should be left up until the buyer recieves the  item and all is cool.  Had some prick on the gear page delete the ad after I paid by gift.  Nice move.   

8 minutes ago, DaveL said:

should be up to the buyer if he wants to share what he paid.   Although I definitely think the ad should be left up until the buyer recieves the  item and all is cool.  Had some prick on the gear page delete the ad after I paid by gift.  Nice move.   

Using PayPal Gift is another "no-no" at TGP. Probably because of situations like that, but as the payer, I would like the option if I believe the seller is for real.

55 minutes ago, DaveL said:

If he was a friend you have nothing to worry about. Oh, wait you paid him that way so he wouldn't have to pay fees for a service that protects both of you when you use it. Oh gotcha. ;)

46 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Using PayPal Gift is another "no-no" at TGP. Probably because of situations like that, but as the payer, I would like the option if I believe the seller is for real.

The only time I except payment that way is from buyers here, that i've dealt with before or have good standing. This place is like family, even more so after meeting many of these guys face to face. 

56 minutes ago, DaveL said:

Wow, I had never even thought about that! I guess I should print the page to a PDF as proof that the item existed when purchasing from a forum ad.

BTW - What a killer guitar.

48 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

The only time I except payment that way is from buyers here, that i've dealt with before or have good standing. This place is like family, even more so after meeting many of these guys face to face. 

Receiving PayPal Gift is not the issue. It's sending "gift" funds to a stranger.
You have almost no recourse, should anything go wrong, but as I said, as the buyer that's my choice.  TGP will punish you if you ask for PP Gift.
Forum Nazis to the N-th degree.

7 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Receiving PayPal Gift is not the issue. It's sending "gift" funds to a stranger.
You have almost no recourse, should anything go wrong, but as I said, as the buyer that's my choice.  TGP will punish you if you ask for PP Gift.
Forum Nazis to the N-th degree.

To be fair, the reason is, people then go on rants about how they did not receive what they ordered.  AND it is against PP policies as well, if anyone cares about that.  FWIW, Talk Bass instituted that policy a decade ago. 

4 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

To be fair, the reason is, people then go on rants about how they did not receive what they ordered.  AND it is against PP policies as well, if anyone cares about that.  FWIW, Talk Bass instituted that policy a decade ago. 

Yeah, I get all that.  I just don't need TGP or anyone else to enforce the rules of PayPal.  It's not their place.  

And they're assholes.   

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Yeah, I get all that.  I just don't need TGP or anyone else to enforce the rules of PayPal.  It's not their place.  

And they're assholes.   

You know it's not healthy to keep your feelings all bottled up, tell us how you really feel.  📢

my deal actually worked out... I had paid by gift,  but I really

didn't like how he deleted his ad the same day,  and then when

the tracker showed "awaiting pickup"  for two days,  thought he

was pulling a fast one.     I did end up getting it...    ups store had

dropped the ball, but still, why so fast to delete the ad, to avoid

feedback?    

I'm ok with gift, but he didn't have a ton of feedback and posts

sorry for the thread hijack... 

Seller here.  I never asked for paypal gift. Sale was processed with seller/buyer protections in place.  I wouldn't have it any other way. Once a deal is done is up to the buyer to decide if he wants reveal the details of his acquisition.  If you buy a guitar from me, I will hold the details of the transaction in the strictest confidence.

Archived