Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Now THAT'S a transformer

I guess so @ 600w into 2ohms.

IMG_0930.jpg

I was looking for why my Peavey Mk VIII bass amp's output randomly drops and may have found it.

What I can't find, though, is that resistor in stock anywhere. Anyone with a suggestion for a suitable replacement?

IMG_0933.JPG

Did you check with Peavey? They have a surprisingly large number of parts on hand. Otherwise, check to see if there is a Vishay/Dale rep in your area. They may be able to track one down for you as a sample.

43 minutes ago, Bloozguy said:

Did you check with Peavey? They have a surprisingly large number of parts on hand. Otherwise, check to see if there is a Vishay/Dale rep in your area. They may be able to track one down for you as a sample.

Good idea! I just emailed Peavey to check. Rep in Huntsville doesn't have them.

38 minutes ago, HAMERMAN said:

While you are in there be sure to tighten up any female pins on the white connectors.

Another good idea, thanks!

This one will work... May have to bend the leads a little differently. It's rated 5W higher than what is in there now, so that is a good thing judging by the heat marks:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ohmite/B20J400E?qs=%2fha2pyFaduiXyxytR3hs3F1SDgPIiDzeDxigGTtsdJPSaYWb4lWmew%3d%3d

Are you sure it's bad tho? If you have a meter, try to read it. Sounds more like a cap issue to me.

2 hours ago, Bloozguy said:

Did you check with Peavey? They have a surprisingly large number of parts on hand.

Bloozguy for the WIN!

$1.16ea! That sure beats Mouser at $95 for five when they get them in July.

Peavey is great. They have lots of parts. They still have Firenza parts in stock 19 years after the last one rolled off the lines....and their prices typically are great.

18 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

>$1.16ea! That sure beats Mouser at $95 for five when they get them in July.

Weird - they show up as $6.86 when I look.

Sorry, I think I meant Digi-key

Archived