Hamer Fan Club Message Center

django49

.....Is a number that had some special significance when I was younger. It is NOT my age. It IS a hexadecagonal number, the atomic number of radium AND the number of keys on a piano. Some would say two eights represents a "double infinity". But perhaps it only FEELS like that........

Who are we mere mortals to dare question such existential matters?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to read this. And being well educated, first hand. And feeling comfortable again.

In Germany 2 8s can have different meanings, and one interpretaion is really disgusting:

Eighty Aid is the claim of a service clinic for Cannondale's suspension fork like the Fatty, Lefty etc.

Eighty Aid roots from 4x22, which is the amount of balls (sic!) in the 4 ballbearings, that make C'dales construction work and being serviceable.

So far, so good! Mountainbiking is good for your health. And brain.

But now the BAD:

88 also is used by (German, but also international) Nazis as a hidden salutation, referring twice to „H“ , the 8th letter in the alphabet.

This is meant to mean „Heil Hitler". Which is at least disgusting.

Fck Nzis!

Again something new learnt!

And THIS down there is a cap from the Headshok clinic!

images.jpg

It's just the year I graduated, so no scary meanings for me!

9 hours ago, donner said:

I'm glad to read this. And being well educated, first hand. And feeling comfortable again.

In Germany 2 8s can have different meanings, and one interpretaion is really disgusting:

Eighty Aid is the claim of a service clinic for Cannondale's suspension fork like the Fatty, Lefty etc.

Eighty Aid roots from 4x22, which is the amount of balls (sic!) in the 4 ballbearings, that make C'dales construction work and being serviceable.

So far, so good! Mountainbiking is good for your health. And brain.

But now the BAD:

88 also is used by (German, but also international) Nazis as a hidden salutation, referring twice to „H“ , the 8th letter in the alphabet.

This is meant to mean „Heil Hitler". Which is at least disgusting.

Fck Nzis!

Again something new learnt!

And THIS down there is a cap from the Headshok clinic!

images.jpg

Whoa.....That one appropriation of 88 is most unfortunate. And disgusting.

Off the subject a bit......A woman I worked with in SoCal for over 25 years had a BMW. Her father, a Jewish survivor of WWII Europe, never did quite cozy up to what he called a "Nazi tin can" (and worse).

There are some things the world must never forget. But I am not going to veer off into "politics".

PS......If "88" equates to "HH". I am going to reinterpret that as Hugh Hefner......Boobies are much more uplifting.

25 minutes ago, django49 said:

PS......If "88" equates to "HH". I am going to reinterpret that as Hugh Hefner......Boobies are much more uplifting.

I'd sign off on that.

• 4 weeks later...

Sneaky peaky......

Shishkov 7.jpeg

More to be revealed soon.......There will be a few twists.......

1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

Spalted maple...?

"Black" Korina.  Really just Limba/Korina with lots of character.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:12 AM, django49 said:

Sneaky peaky......

Shishkov 7.jpeg

More to be revealed soon.......There will be a few twists.......

That will look AMAZING after it’s carved!  

On 6/18/2018 at 4:10 AM, ptm1diver said:

88 could also represent your IQ, but we won’t go there.  🙄

Entirely possible my IQ dropped in half since going to work for my own self 13 years ago. The last thing I wanna do is let that slavedriver  know I think I am smarter than he is.....Just yesterday, I looked in the mirror and he said, "Have a good day!" So I went home. Wait a minute, I work at home! WTF am I talking about?

But it is also entirely possible that I am guilty of TUII....Typing Under the Influence of Intoxicants. Could it be?!?

limba.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived