Hamer Fan Club Message Center

STP in Peoria,IL Tonight

I'm on the fence if i'm going to go. 3 bands on the bill but i'm not much interested in the other two.  I just watched a couple STP lives shows with the new singer and I totally dig him with STP. 

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

I'm on the fence if i'm going to go. 3 bands on the bill but i'm not much interested in the other two.  I just watched a couple STP lives shows with the new singer and I totally dig him with STP. 

If you like the new guy then why are you on the fence? Do you need @hamerhead to go with you?

I gave the new album a spin this morning. Sounds okay. But the singer is no Weiland. He sounds pretty controled, no bad ass attitude. Could be because his vocal recordings were hard controlled by the band in production, or that he has low LSD, or that his drug intake is not up to RnR standards. The vocals sounded kinda low in the mix too, but I had headphones on the subway, so I can't really tell for sure.

The album sounds better than I expected anyway, I will keep it on the rotation list for a while. It might grow on me.

Tell us what the show was like!?

25 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I ended up not going, i'm a hermit and at $65 a ticket to sit through multiple bands on the same bill, that I have zero interest in was enough to keep me at home.  

You must have affected me, too, last night because I passed on a second row ticket for Molly Hatchet and Atlanta Rhythm Section.  While filling out the payment page I kept thinking about how much Molly Hatchet has changed from the band I saw every six months in high school and how Atlanta Rhythm Section looked like they were at band practice the last time I saw them. 
I cancelled the order. 

Archived