Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jazzcaster 2.0

Finally done, first picture is what it looked like when I got the guitar. I made a guard, replaced the pickups, gutted the electronics, had the frets dressed and leveled, and i'm super happy with the results. This one sounds the closest to my Twin Town Tele, but with a bit more beef. This combination of body shape and T style neck make for a familiar and comfortable guitar to play. 

uFFWn6L.jpg

nXdxwue.jpg

NrIqaK1.jpg

I have still yet to find a perfect replacement for the Fender Custom Shop Pots I scored a couple years back. I was only able to get 4 of them, one set is in the Twin Town Tele, and the other set is in the black tele I sold a few months back. You can roll those pots down to one and the tone is still usable. Heck they are so good that I forget  that I have them rolled down and that is with zero treble bleed mods and a cheap ceramic cap on the tone pot. 

16 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Kudos to Fender for catching on and building a guitar that their customers have been piecing together for 15 years.

Hey at least they caught on! In all seriousness it does not fit into a normal case. I had to buy a bass bag because of the extra length. I bought the guitar for the neck and just feel in love with the whole guitar. Just got luck, very comfortable to play and sounds great. 

I built one In that configuration a couple years ago. I call it the JazzratT.

only difference is mine has a Strat neck to go along with the JM body and tele electronics. The perfect tele-sounding mash-up.

7 hours ago, SSII x 2 said:

Your pickguard looks better than Fender's!

They will get better, i'm working through my process with each one. I bought the material here and with a full sheet i was able to just keep turning it until I found what I was looking for. After pealing the two layers of plastic, it turned more brown than red, which is exactly what I wanted. 

22 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

They will get better, i'm working through my process with each one. I bought the material here and with a full sheet i was able to just keep turning it until I found what I was looking for. After pealing the two layers of plastic, it turned more brown than red, which is exactly what I wanted. 

12274462_10208309204513094_1422848551988

Archived