Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: "NightFire", yes that one. $200 off with proof of Active or Retired military.

6 hours ago, Pieman said:

Sorry, Gorch's post reminded that Moozak's was a one-off Tiger Eye red Tally.   

I was thinking of the pair of truly tricked out T Pro and Tally that came as a pair, the ones that nobody (but Don) could track down. They had abalone (whatever) fret markers, etc and multi-ply binding.  I don't know where those went.

That pair was a step up from the 'Root Beer" T Pro that I snagged from Django. I think that was a Wilcutt's custom order with Lollar Imperials.  I think that may be it in the photo above (body only, single ply binding).  I'll look this weekend.

Sweet! Would love to see pics if you have them 

FWIW, the initial Tally Pro from Willcutts came with the stock pickups. I had two Pros at the time, the other (sunburst, which went to another member here) came to me with the Lollars, installed by the original owner who was trying to get a "Collings" for less. I thought they were much better than the stock pickups, so I swapped between the two, placing them into the "prettier: of the two. However, I let the second go when I decided my "Numero Uno" did not leave a lot of space for that exceptional Tally Pro.

It never hurts to have good connections (and be lucky).......The Tigers Eye pair was a real "Holy Grail" find, at least for me. Hard to say any two Hamers, of the several dozen I have owned, were better.

3 hours ago, MCChris said:

This one was the inspiration for the color of my Shishkov. I knew I wanted red, but this was the shade.

GLWTS!

Nice to know!  This is the original picture that inspired the color that I wanted for the nightfire tally (which I think turned out better)

04ADEB64-097A-42AE-BBCC-4930885A10D6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived