Hamer Fan Club Message Center

No, I don't need another Strat. My deluxe American Strat is wonderful. And a keeper.

But I just felt like getting a white Strat.

So I bought a new just the other day. An American Special Olympic white Stratocaster! 😁

Why THIS version of a white Strat, you ask - well, simply because it has a satin fretboard (and neck). AND the jumbo frets.

That's what I wanted and now I've got this lovely lightweight guitar with a great resonance and sustain.

Lovely guitar, and reasonably priced too!

...now it's time to remove the sticker and the plastic on the pickguard, lowering the bridge and change to 0.10 strings.

Rock on!!

😎

AmSpecStratOlympic2018b.jpg

AmSpecStratOlympic2018a.jpg

What a stunner, congrats! I’ve always wanted a white Strat too, but have never bought one.

Even though it looks great with the parchment pickguard, I’d have a hard time not slapping a mint green one on it. 

That, and either a Rumpelstiltskin Experience or Gypsypickup set.  

My first guitar was a white Squire Japanese Strat back in the early 80's which I bought new at GC for $300 and it played and sounded like a dream. I can kick myself for selling it. What an idiot I was. I really regret letting it go. Congrats on your acquisition.

That's awesome.  I didn't see one with a non-maple board (pau ferro, rosewood, etc.) in that color, which is a bummer for me, but it keeps me from lusting after it too bad.  :)

Congrats!

p.s.  I too think mint green is strangely compelling on those.  Never thought I'd be "that guy"...  :)

Congratulations on a great little guitar! B)

Archived