Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Reverb can guess what type of amp you play?

Result: A classic British stack like a Marshall or Hiwatt.

Nothing against Marshall or Hiwatt, but I've never owned either of those.

I'm guessing I got this result because I said I play blues and classic rock and "I have a small pedalboard." Even thought I'd love to play at ridiculously loud volume like I did in the 70s, these days I have to keep it down. So I answered "moderate" to the volume question. Add in "playing 20+ years" and I really thought it would say Fender Blues Junior or something like that.

For the record, Reverb, I'm a Mesa/Boogie man. Mark V with the rock band and the Mark V plus a 1953 Magnatone with the blues band.

Oh well. It's just clickbait anyway. 😏

It said Fender combo for me but I actually play through a pair of combos in stereo out of my AX8. A Mk IV combo right and an old '80 Acoustic G100-112 combo left which is the Boogie MK II model Acoustic got sued and went out of business over in the early 80's. Guitar -> AX8 -> 2 tube combos in stereo. At ridiculously low volumes, for up to 45 minutes a week! lol. 

7 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

This AI stuff has a few things to work out, but one day Reverb will know everything about you.  :ph34r:

4 hours ago, burningyen said:

Given recent events I thought we were all done with taking online quizzes.

Once they know everything about you, they won't have to ask...they'll just drown everyone in spam disguised as 'helpful hints'.  Actually, I think we're pretty much there already.

"A Fender combo like a Twin Reverb or Deluxe"

partially  right. 

My current live rig is in fact a Twin Reverb but paired with a Marshall Bluesbreaker

I do also have a smaller rig, a Headstrong lil King (Princeton Rev. replica) and a Vox AC15

I got the Fender combo result too. My main rig is a Mesa 5:50 Express + so, if I’m being charitable they’re close. In reality though there’s no comparison beyond being a 1x12 tube combo.  The Mesa is so much more flexible even without pedals.

Truth is, the guessing game is really a way to peddle another "this is what you really need" advertisement.

Isn't it amazing how many different ways advertisers can get us to actually ask them to show us an ad?

I took the guitar quiz too.  They guessed I played a Les Paul through a Fractal or Kemper.  I play a partscaster Mustang through a Yamaha THR 10.  Pretty good guess,,,,a guitar and an amp.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:30 AM, kizanski said:

Result: A digital system like a Fractal or Kemper

I'd say that's about right, seeing as my one amp is a Tech-21 TM60.

You, a Tech-21 TM60????? I NEVER would have guessed that, no way in hell.

"A Dr. Z, Matchless, Tone King or similar modern boutique amp"

I always used classic brands, Marshall and Fender most prominently. The Mesa V:35 is a sort of "boutique" amp for me, considering how expensive they are in Europe. Good thing is that I am actually not looking for another guitar amp anymore. I have everything I need. I admit, Tone King amps sound great.

Archived