Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#73 has landed

Funky Chicken

A few more observations/comments.

The final build sheet lists the finish as "violin burst/vintage natural". I am guessing that the vintage natural tint went on over the burst to provide the subtle aging. I am getting progressively more flabbergasted as I spend time with this instrument as to how well it suits me and even moreso as to how my limited input to Mike translated so well regarding neck shape and finish. A couple of quick phone conversations with him went a long way. 

I am a pretty good sized control freak. The idea of laying back and trusting the builder and the process was really alien to me. I jumped into this order very quickly, something I really don't do. Many of you inadvertently helped me along the way thru your posts-watching other guitars get completed and seeing the new owners pretty much uniformly thrilled was a calming influence. I am now reevaluating all of my current guitars to determine what Mike can build for me to replace at least two guitars that see little play time. 

l

3 hours ago, Funky Chicken said:

I am a pretty good sized control freak. The idea of laying back and trusting the builder and the process was really alien to me.

I'm right there with you, brother.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived