Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tampa Bay HFC Dean Invasion.

DBraz is in the area and arranged to stop by today. Always cool to get together with a new HFC guy. If some of you out there had burning ears today we might have been talking about you. ;) In a Good way of course ya know. :wub: 

We drove over to Tampa and met up with Mathman and Thorn and went on a tour at Dean Guitars factory. Pat Baker head of Dean's USA Custom shop took us through the place for an extended 3 hour tour. I love some Hamers but the Dean guys are so into the guitars as much as Mike Shishkov and many of the other guys that have built all the great Hamers and I so love it's a hometown brand. Being lucky enough they are a hometown brand and liked enough by them to invade the work day there, I was glad I could take our guys there and get a personal tour of all the details. Can't speak for Mathman and Dbraz but Thorn was tempted by a couple and there is a trio of Vintage Deans in that building that need to be MINE!!!! :)

I took no photos even though I had a camera in my pocket. I will let the others chime in with some shots. They took a bunch.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a Hamer guy through and through, but I was totally impressed with what I saw there today.  I was jonesing to play lots of them in their showroom.

Saw some beautiful and well designed and setup guitars while there.  Really impressed by some of their import line also.

I'll post some pictures in a bit.

Great to meet you Dbraz, and of course seeing Gene and Thorn again.

Here is Pat showing off some of his custom shop work.

oiled-7string.jpgreiussue.jpgvintage-view.jpgcars.jpg

It was a real pleasure having a guided tour from the head of their Custom Shop.  Some of the stuff they are building is GREAT including some secret artist guitars.

My huge thanks to Gene for organising the day.  Great to meet Mathman and see Michael again.

I also played pretty much ALL of Gene’s great Hamer collection and his awesome Shishkov Ultimate.  

What Gene doesn’t say above is that he is very well respected in their factory.  The owner was asking him out to lunch and many factory guys referred to him by name.  Pretty cool. 

I guess the way I worded the post it would appear that the photo is of dbraz.  Not my intent. My only photo of him was a bit blurry. 

IMG_7822.JPG

All I can say is we were all standing next to the serial number stamping thing and I was listening to Pat but looking around. Looking at necks and fret wire. Wood. Wood dust. All this stuff that was so cool. And Pat is very passionate about what he does. And very expressive. He's a wonderful person with great skills and talent. So with me listening to Pat and looking around at so many things that are remarkable pieces of the puzzle that we enjoy as a guitar, and I belt out, "Tits!"  I'm embarrassed and so immediately turn to the person on my right and say, "Tits." To which he replied, "I already seen them." 

I'm not going to name the person because he may not want me to. But you have a 33% guess. Because it wasn't Pat. He was just wondering what was going on in the back. 

Evan Rubinson is head of Armadillo music the company he inherited last year from his father. Class guy with education in business and a Lambo by the front door. Got his taste for cars from dad too.

Great photos.

Archived