Hamer Fan Club Message Center

That is awesome and rare in a couple of ways, but I think the sale is going to be hindered by bad photograph syndrome.

I definitely want it.

Just now, veatch said:

Unless my brain is cramping up on me, I think that is the first Mon III I've seen with two pickups...  

Regardless, Kiz is correct. I want it, too.

Yeah, it's a Monaco, Not a Monaco III.
The seller has the specs for an M3 listed.

I assumed since he had the cert, that the cert has it as a Mon III...

So, if you do a custom order and spec out one model to be another, which model is it?

For now, i agree - It's a Mon, but a cool one.  A very cool one.

Or, just split the difference and call it a Monaco III - I.

FWIW, my Custom Order Goldtop (currently my favorite, edging out the Triple Threat and EM Studio, believe it or not) is listed on the cert as a "Monaco". However, the longer scale and other features clearly make it more a SuperPro. Call it what you will, I call it a permanent keeper.

10 minutes ago, django49 said:

FWIW, my Custom Order Goldtop...is listed on the cert as a "Monaco". However, the longer scale and other features clearly make it more a SuperPro. Call it what you will, I call it a permanent keeper.

Monacos also have 25.5" scale, and usually have a Bigsby.

True dat.....Judge for yourself...

..Hamer Monaco Goldtop3.JPG

All korina, ebony board, f-holes, position of the 3 knobs, hard tail, updated pickups.......Not COMPLETELY one or the other. But much closer in feel and sound to the other pair of SuperPros I once had than the since departed "regular" Monaco, which was all stock.

Which reminds me......I keep forgetting to replace the poker chip with the one engraved "MaryAnn/Ginger". One step away from perfect..... 😉

This guitar is owned by an old friend of mine who owns many hamers.  I talked to him about the guitar and he is going to get good photos up. Those are the stock photos that the Mesa Boogie store had.  He's an art professor and awesome photographer so its like the shoemakers kids going shoeless.  I can tell you that it is a case queen.  He loved it and said it was his favorite Hamer, but he hardly ever played it.  I think he was scared he would scratch it up.  I'll tell him to get good pics up.

Hello everyone. This is my listing. Thank you for your comments. I put it up before I had my own pics. It has been updated with some additional images and detail. I have a good number of Hamers and am selling two custom ones this summer. See my feedback selling other high end guitars and audio gear on Reverb for references. I added photos but will add more when I get in a better environment for photographing a black guitar. Now whether it’s a III or not I’m not exactly sure how that is determined - #of pickups? Anyway it’s possible the Mesa store had it wrong. That’s their listed specs. In any case thank you for your interest. It’s a beauty that will be missed. 

35 minutes ago, therefore said:

Hello everyone. This is my listing. Thank you for your comments. I put it up before I had my own pics. It has been updated with some additional images and detail. I have a good number of Hamers and am selling two custom ones this summer. See my feedback selling other high end guitars and audio gear on Reverb for references. I added photos but will add more when I get in a better environment for photographing a black guitar. Now whether it’s a III or not I’m not exactly sure how that is determined - #of pickups? Anyway it’s possible the Mesa store had it wrong. That’s their listed specs. In any case thank you for your interest. It’s a beauty that will be missed. 

Yes, photographing black is really difficult, but those photos are much better.  Beautiful guitar.

ab6mhy1lbixna4nwnte0.jpg

A Monaco III would indeed have three pickups. Like the Custom Order Certificate reads, yours is a Monaco.
The maple top and the TV Jones pickups are options usually not seen on that model, however.

xlulamo1jvprwedytyxv.jpg

Probably near the end of the line as well. That's a late completion date.

Wish I could grab it.  GLWTS.

Archived