Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Korina Special Custom Order FS

16 hours ago, Gabe said:

Kizanski bought it back?

He did.

Full disclosure, I was tipped off to it being for sale on Reverb by a member, @stedge, who was considering bidding on it and wanted my description of the neck profile. He even provided a link to the auction in his private message. I had regretted selling it the minute the eBay auction ended about 10 years ago, and looked for it to pop back up ever since.
Not only did I not answer his PM, but once I saw it for sale, I jumped on it. Well, first I put an offer on it which was a few hundred less than the purchase price, but when considering how STUPID I would have felt if I had lost out on it, I just put it in my cart.

Stedge, I don't know you and you don't know me, but I'm really not a bad guy.  I should have never sold that guitar, and it belongs with me.

Sorry, dude.

Congrats to the buyer and the seller.

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

He did.

Full disclosure, I was tipped off to it being for sale on Reverb by a member, @stedge, who was considering bidding on it and wanted my description of the neck profile. He even provided a link to the auction in his private message. I had regretted selling it the minute the eBay auction ended about 10 years ago, and looked for it to pop back up ever since.
Not only did I not answer his PM, but once I saw it for sale, I jumped on it. Well, first I put an offer on it which was a few hundred less than the purchase price, but when considering how STUPID I would have felt if I had lost out on it, I just put it in my cart.

Stedge, I don't know you and you don't know me, but I'm really not a bad guy.  I should have never sold that guitar, and it belongs with me.

Sorry, dude.

Kiz, after reading this thread I’m really happy you managed to get it back. I was the guy who put in the “other offer” but I guess I didn’t want it bad enough. Haha. Sure makes a hard pill to swallow a bit easier knowing this one is back where it belongs, brother. Enjoy it, again. 

2 minutes ago, Winter said:

Kiz, after reading this thread I’m really happy you managed to get it back. I was the guy who put in the “other offer” but I guess I didn’t want it bad enough. Haha. Sure makes a hard pill to swallow a bit easier knowing this one is back where it belongs, brother. Enjoy it, again. 

Thanks, man.  Truth be told, your offer was the kick in the ass that got me to just grab it and not wait to see if my offer had (or had not) been accepted.

1 minute ago, kizanski said:

Thanks, man.  Truth be told, your offer was the kick in the ass that got me to just grab it and not wait to see if my offer had (or had not) been accepted.

Glad I could help. ;) 

4 hours ago, kizanski said:

He did.

Sorry, dude.

Well, considering the COC has your name on it, in my opinion you have done well!

Congratulations on getting that fine guitar back.

Gabe 🙂

No hard feelings. Initially I was a little perturbed but end of day it is just a guitar and I am looking at a 68 sg special now, instead (and less $).

That said, a kinder approach might have been to pm me and tell me you desperately wanted it back, would I mind, etc.  I would have said ok, I understand.  Then again, I coulda been a dick and rushed to buy it, so you would have taken a risk and I understand why you would not do that. But I would have stepped back and let you get it, anyway.  

I understood that this could happen, and took the minimal risk.  Again, only a guitar and his name is on the certificate, so this is all probably as it should be. So don’t give him too hard a time. 

I do request first dibs if you sell it, though.

Next play, and play it loudly!

35 minutes ago, stedge said:

No hard feelings. Initially I was a little perturbed but end of day it is just a guitar and I am looking at a 68 sg special now, instead (and less $).

That said, a kinder approach might have been to pm me and tell me you desperately wanted it back, would I mind, etc.  I would have said ok, I understand.  Then again, I coulda been a dick and rushed to buy it, so you would have taken a risk and I understand why you would not do that. But I would have stepped back and let you get it, anyway.  

I understood that this could happen, and took the minimal risk.  Again, only a guitar and his name is on the certificate, so this is all probably as it should be. So don’t give him too hard a time.

"Kinder approach"?  Clearly you're new here.

All jokes aside, you're right on all points. I could have asked nicely and given you the benefit of the doubt as being a good guy, but I weighed that against taking the chance that you might not be and decided that I was leaving nothing to chance.
I forgave myself for it literally seconds later, but I recognize it's not something I would want on my highlight reel.

Archived