Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA- 1980 Hamer special

It's not, as I recall.

Is that the original Paint..? I never saw a two toned Hamer Special like that.. I have seen a few PRS guitars done like that.. I would love to have a total Black Special...! Similar to my Green 1981 Hamer Special.. Price seems a bit on the high side for a Special though..

005.JPG

The only thing I know about it is that it was part of Rodney Crowell's guitar collection. I'm assuming that's why they're asking extra $$

I am just guessing we have a re-finish here. Souldn't  there be a checkerboard headstock ? My 82' has a checkerboard. 

19 minutes ago, DeVai said:

I am just guessing we have a re-finish here. Souldn't  there be a checkerboard headstock ? My 82' has a checkerboard. 

The earliest Special's didn't have the checkerboard.  The 1980 Special I stupidly sold was such an incredible guitar for 70's rock I won't even allow myself to consider a model with the checkerboard logo.  Silly, but true.

13 hours ago, RWariner said:

The only thing I know about it is that it was part of Rodney Crowell's guitar collection. I'm assuming that's why they're asking extra $$

Yes, it says that in the ad, but that would only explain asking extra

¢¢, not extra $$.

29 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Does it reflect poorly on me that I know who Rodney Crowell is without using Wiki?

No worse than being a member here.  

Archived