Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WITH PICS: Studio GT HB, Reverend Reeves Gabrels I, Veillette-Citron for sale

MOST STUFF IS SOLD. I'M KEEPING THE PA AND ONE AMP TO PLAY AT PARTIES. HIT ME UP!

I'm backing off from music and re-focusing to my first love, cycling. It gets me outdoors, it keeps me fit, and I don't have to deal with the ragingly incompetent tools who are in the so-called business of music. From now on I'll be a bedroom player, and I'm gonna clear out my rehearsal room since I won't need big amp, extra pedals, mics, and the dozen guitars I've accumulated.

I have a BMC Fourstroke 01 (it's the mountain bike equivalent of a Hartung) arriving tomorrow and I gotta pay for it somehow! Here we go...

Pics and such on request... most of these guitars are known, and I've done lots o' good deals here. I'm putting what I think they're worth, before PP and shipping. PM me!

1. 1970-something Epiphone ET 275, sometimes erroneously called Crestwood. Made in Japan. Very good shape, some dings on the edges, great frets, sounds really nice, has whammy bar and original chipboard case. Plays well, has one badly corroded machine screw in its insanely-complicated bridge that I'd love to replace but can't find the right pitch. All original except the pickup selector switch and repro whammy bar. SOLD
  2. The famous/notorious "Goldie," one of two factory HB-equipped Studio Custom goldtops I've seen. 1994. Has a bit of finish the size of a dime that's flaked off where neck joins body, a number of dents and dings but nothing fatal. The Hameritis is bad on this one: the binding has gone pretty amber-to-brown in spots. Also there's some pitting on the tailpiece and bridge, and one of the mounting screws on the bridge JB was long ago stripped out so I put a bigger one in. HOWEVER it plays like a champ, sounds great, low action, amazing player. In a nice "ATA" case made by, I think. Gator. $800 value
  3. Reverend Reeves Gabrels Signature, first edition. Hardtail, grey flame maple top, immaculate in gig bag. $600
  4. Just got this one and like it... 1995 Mirage I koa top. All original, no issues, includes OSHC and whammy. Has several noticeable dings on the edge, bass side of the lower bout, and a couple on the top that are there when you know about them but aren't bad. There are very narrow grooves in the 2nd and 3rd frets under the B and G strings where someone apparently spent five years playing the same chord. Doesn't hurt anything, but if you bend those strings there, you can sometimes feel a "notch". Very very clean, low action. SOLD.
  5. Nearly-new 2017 Music Man StingRay guitar, fiesta red, tort guard, maple board. Has a very small ding on the sides you have to look for, and two scratches. I bought it new a few months ago and love it, but priorities. OHSC, case candy, really outstanding guitar. SOLD.
  6. 1981 Veillette-Citron fretless 4-string bass. I bought it as an abused mess and sent it to Harvey and Joe. New old stock V-C bridge, tailpiece, and strap buttons. They made a new control cavity cover with the original-style engraved name. They rewired it, with a unique VVTT setup and Bartolini preamp. Cue, Joe Veillete's finish guy, gave it a new black finish. The only quirk is that the tuners (original) are gold and the rest of the hardware is chrome but it's not had to find chrome tuners. This is a pretty rare bird: factory fretless and probably the last collaboration between the two guys. I have the documentation on the work they did. Condition is superb: I have been afraid to play it for ten years. $1700 seems fair?
  7. Akai Timbrewolf analog bass synth. It does about to things but it does them very well. SOLD
  8. Roland KC-350 four-channel keyboard amp. Looks pretty well-used, works perfectly, 12-inch speaker. Heavy son-of-a-gun, but SOLD
  9. Quite a few pedals coming soon, including a nearly-new-condition original 1986 RAT. SOLD
  10. Akai Timbrewolf bass synth SOLD

"Kev" the 2008 Standard Custom, in not for sale :)

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7025.jpg

IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7028.jpg

24 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I’d love to a pic of the Epi...

I'll shoot a few ASAP... it's a surprising guitar. The neck pickup is very warm and round, the bridge surprisingly aggressive. It even stays in tune. I got it at a thrift store with some cold solder joints and no whammy bar: they knew the value but I got a little knocked off for the issues. Definitely has the old-school indie vibe going.

Archived