Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD (NHC)

The Kiesel has landed! Kiesel HH2 w/ maple neck & semi-hollow alder body, quilted maple top, 20" radius ebony fretboard w/ jumbo stainless steel frets, Holdsworth humbuckers w/ coil tap (will prolly swap the pups at some point). 5 lbs!! Plays AMAZING. 

Kiesel 1.jpg

Kiesel 2.jpg

GTRS 6-18.jpg

There's a couple of things going on;

super flat 20" radius (my Ibby Prestige RGA121 is 17", and my hollow Ibby is 14", Fenders are typically ~7 to ~9" IIRC);

a wider upper fretboard yet the nut width is normal 1 & 11/16"; 

stainless steel jumbos that come to more of a point than the jumbos on my RGA.

Not sure what exactly, maybe the combo of all these things, but it's effortless and addicting to play. 

The weight drove this purchase, as my back problems have been getting worse (I sold my Gibson Midtown because it was giving me pain on long gigs). 1st I got the hollow Ibby AG75 (super cheap and light, and has the lowest action of all my guitars), that was light enough and sounded pretty good (after I put an alnico GFS humbucker in the neck), but had bad upper fret access. My RGA is pretty light for a solid body, my rawk gigs are ~1 to 1.5 hours, but it is too stratty for the jazz gigs. Then I came into a little money and started looking for a guitar that could do it all.

On 6/18/2018 at 7:38 PM, jettster said:

Congrats!!! Sure is a stunner, hopefully you have better luck with yours than I did with mine.

do tell.

Archived