Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Random Music Licensing Ad Fail

I stumbled across this ad when changing TV channels recently.  How the hell did 'My Sharona' get plugged into THIS product?  At least Weird Al provided a proper set-up for Oscar Mayer lunch meat:

For sanities' sake, here's the original tune:

4 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

A song about lusting after an underage girl being used in a toy ad is going to be lost on most parents. 

The song is also older than most parents, at least those with kids that fit the product demographic.  I also just realized, the song is almost FORTY YEARS OLD, and I remember when it was brand new.   Dang, time really does fly.

Great tune. I love the solo and arrangement! The whole album was good stuff with Good Girls Don't etc. 

1 hour ago, ZR said:

Great tune. I love the solo and arrangement! The whole album was good stuff with Good Girls Don't etc. 

The thing I hated about the 'radio edit' of My Sharona is that a big chunk of the guitar solo was cut out, from about 3:11 to 4:02.  It was always a treat for me when radio stations played the whole thing, guitar solo and all.

It's funny that, at least in my case, we were all glued to the radio because it was the only game in town. Very similar to people back in the 40s or 30s and such just glued to the radio in the front parlor.

I would love it when they would play an entire album or even a side. In some cases my whole listening experience to a band was just off of an album recorded from a late night FM radio show, or concerts, on my Panasonic am/fm radio, cassette tape recorder (nowadays a boom box) . One that I had awhile only had a mono speaker I believe. 

After that, I started concentrating on home stereo equipment.

I distinctly remember my older brother as a teenager teaching himself to play guitar to the Knack and Rick Derringer with a flea market guitar plugged into a floor console model 8 track/LP/Stereo combo.

I'm 51.  He's 53.  That's how old that song is.

Archived