Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Woods used on the 78s Sunbursts/CITES problem

2 hours ago, Sugartune said:

This comment is exactly the same reason why we are where we are with rose woods (Indian/Braz) and abalone and Honduran Mahogany, etc. 

Exactly. You can’t just “responsible” the toothpaste back into the tube. 

13 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Corn isn't good for you or the environment. Or any of the animals it is fed to. And it's not good for your car or your wallet. If people would wake up to that the problem would take care of itself.  Palm oil is a bit trickier as we are dealing with 3rd world countries where slash and burn cultivation is the norm. The people cant see past putting food in their babies tummies one more day. 

I used corn only as an example of cultivation. I wasn't commenting or arguing for its benefits or lack thereof. I wholly agree with the error of putting it in cars or feeding it to cows. Whether it's good for human ingestion, I'm entirely ignorant on that topic.

As for 3rd world countries, the "norm" is the problem. Unfortunately, most solutions tend to lean to one extreme or another, i.e., either ban all use or cut it all down. It seems like there would be some middle ground solution in there somewhere.

2 hours ago, FGJ said:

It seems like there would be some middle ground solution in there somewhere.

There is no room for reason in this discussion. Get out of here with that shit!

Looks like I started a pretty hefty discussion here - that was not my intention... But, to add some good news here, it looks like I got all the documents I need for shipping w/o travelling half of Dschermani... 

Eventually, I would have thought of flying over to the US for a couple of days. Could have been cheaper than all the efforts and create a meet and greet for the HFC.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:58 PM, cynic said:

Awesome.  Now you just have to wait for the recipient to get their import certificate and you'll be good to go 🃏

Not if it's coming to the US. No import certificate is required for non-brazillian rosewood (Appendix 2 woods)

Just now, currypowder said:

Not if it's coming to the US. No import certificate is required for non-brazillian rosewood (Appendix 2 woods)

I knew that little "joker" emoji thing would be too small to make out 

150px-Jerry-Robinson-Joker-Sketch-Card.j

Archived