Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Teasers: Endpapers from upcoming bass book

These are shots from an advance copy of THE BASS SPACE: Profiles of Classic Electric Basses. The tome still needs some tweaks, but these are kinda cool and won't be changed in the official version. Enjoy.

End 2.jpg

End 1.jpg

As for the actual contents, there'll be hundreds of instruments including Carl Radle's Alembic + a custom-made Distillate. No Spectors this time around....

The Tom P. "Planet" 12ver!  Wonder where that is now?

https://www.vintageguitar.com/29093/tricked-out-trio/

Cool article!  I got to see two of these basses earlier this week...

12 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

That is indeed the customized EB-6 that Orr owned.

Cool - Figured there can't be many like that out there!  Made me wonder if they ever made one of those in a custom color like polaris white.  I've seen some interesting custom color EB-2/3s over the years...

There's a one-of-a-kind special order 1962 EB-3, serial #78748, in white w/ block fret markers on p. 94-95 in the book. It was also profiled in Vintage Guitar Magazine some years back.

9 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

There's a one-of-a-kind special order 1962 EB-3, serial #78748, in white w/ block fret markers on p. 94-95 in the book. It was also profiled in Vintage Guitar Magazine some years back.

I could swear I've seen a photo of Les and Mary Ford holding matching white SG and EB-3 from around that time... both with blocks.  Can't find it online, but might have it saved.

Look forward to the book!

Tangential FYI: Vince Vance & the Valiants, a Sha-Na-Na-style band from New Orleans, had a dancer/backup singer w/ the stage name of "Tomato" when I saw 'em in '73. Vince himself was noted for expectorating hockers during shows.

The band's main claim to fame/notoriety came during the Iran hostage crisis in 1980 when they released a hilarious single called "Bomb Iran", sung to the tune of "Barbara Ann".

Archived