Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Apple's GarageBand gets an update

I no longer get excited about anything Apple. I only still use them because I'm so heavily invested in their platform and I can't afford to switch at this point. But I haven't updated my OS on my computer or iPad in years. Apple always manages to intentionally take away features and then won't support fixing them. When Apple TV came out, both my Airport devices magically stopped working with iTunes and Apple would no longer support them. So they sold me devices and then intentionally broke them so I would have to buy their new junk.

1 hour ago, FGJ said:

I no longer get excited about anything Apple. I only still use them because I'm so heavily invested in their platform and I can't afford to switch at this point. But I haven't updated my OS on my computer or iPad in years. Apple always manages to intentionally take away features and then won't support fixing them. When Apple TV came out, both my Airport devices magically stopped working with iTunes and Apple would no longer support them. So they sold me devices and then intentionally broke them so I would have to buy their new junk.

Are you are talking about sharing iTunes to other devices?

2 hours ago, FGJ said:

Yeah, that has been their business model for a long time and no one does it better while continuing to convince their lemming followers that their product is the only acceptable option out there.

I suspect many of their customers are like myself; too invested and simply can't afford to repurchase tons of software all over again for Windows. Not everyone using Apple does so out of blind devotion. 

11 hours ago, mathman said:

Are you are talking about sharing iTunes to other devices?

Yeah, my Airport plugged right into my stereo tuner and I could play music from my computer or mobile devices to it. As soon as I did a new iTunes update, both Airport units stopped working, and this happened years ago right when the Apple TV device came out. Not even the Airport utility app would fix it. Coincidence? I think not!

Is Windows the better platform though? I’m in doubts, however.

I suspect Apple vs Windows debates are no different than Fender vs Gibson, Canon vs Nikon, Ford vs Chevy, Marvel vs DC, Jeanie vs Bewitched, Mary Ann vs Ginger...

Archived