Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FSOT: 2003 Studio Custom Aztec Gold - SOLD

I've once again allowed my collection to balloon beyond all reasonable measures. Time to let a few go. I've decided to keep one Hamer and one Strat and let my others go. All prices are shipped and paypal'd,. A friends and family paypal payment would be appreciated if you know me, but is in no way required. All the prices are HFC-only and, at least for now, am firm. Since 3 of the 4 have been sold, I'll now consider trades of guitars for the Studio Custom (no amps). I'm not looking for anything in particular, but would like to keep any trades at roughly the same value as the Studio Custom, +/- a few hundred $.

Without further adieu, let's get started with the Hamers.

First up is an `03 Studio Custom in quilt Aztec Gold. It has an ebony fretboard and headstock overlay, fully body, neck and headstock binding and crown inlays. I'd describe the neck as a medium carve. I acquired it a few months ago from KofSeattle. It came to me with some unidentified double cream pickups. They sounded fine, but I had a set of Gravelin Hot PAFs so I installed those. I'll include the original pickups as well. Here's Josh's description of his pickups:

Bridge: 8.6 - 8.8k, Unoriented A5 magnet, 42 PE wire, traditional PAF spec steel and build throughout. The unoriented A5 is a winner in this position: all the power of a normal A5, but the highs are a touch softer and less spiky - bass is tighter too. Very even mids.

Neck: 7.5 - 7.9k, A2, 42 PE wire, traditional PAF spec steel and build throughout. Alnico 2 in a neck position is so nice and in that range will not only sound great but also play well with the bridge. Really balanced middle pos. sound.

Condition-wise it is in excellent shape with one issue, the binding around the bass side has separated slightly. It came to me this way (fully disclosed) and has not gotten any worse. See the close up below. It's one of those things that don't bother me, so I left it alone. 

This is your typical modern Hamer build, great quality, feel and playability and it sounds phenomenal with the Gravelins. PRICE DROP TO $1,850 w/the Gravelins. $2,000 shipped. I'll knock $150 off if you would prefer the pickups that came with it installed. I'm happy to hang onto the Gravelins. Includes OHSC.

Many pics here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoLRRT1O_HxXrhQXZXUlrh6xY8P8

y4mJgwK8kfWHODiZKXG3K0Bu1v-v7AvBBSgYNNKl

y4mq_voGPaEb6MgKfgZcksKnn05MtDovvGLeKz8S

SUNBURST IS SOLD 

G&L IS SOLD 

FENDER IS SOLD 

11 hours ago, CuseFan559 said:

I think your Studio is a 2003 but I could be wrong. Were they stamping "USA" on the back of the headstock in '93? 

Of course you're correct, don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for catching that for me. 

i really need that Sunburst to start a classic era Pretenders tribute band!  

Those are some great guitars! Whoever gets them will be happy.  Binding can always be fixed, if you really want it to be. Looks like it shrank, and pulled away from the top.  This would be one reason that I sometimes avoid binding, as nice as it looks and feels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived