Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Special K Monaco...huh?

I just saw that too, and thought someone had just lost their mind posting one for sale.  Then reality set in.  Sadly, this isn't on their website. 

ETA:  not sadly because I want one, but clearly they're not coordinated enough to you know, announce something, have it on the site and have it for sale.

24 minutes ago, bruce919 said:

I'm sure they had to come up with some else since they could no longer sell the Standard & Vector imports.  

So based on that, I guess Hamer was originally paying Gibson license fees to produce the Standard and Vector.

18 minutes ago, bigolsparky said:

So based on that, I guess Hamer was originally paying Gibson license fees to produce the Standard and Vector.

I understand that to be the case. Some limited number of production, or something. Don't take that to court though. Just hearsay.

JAM was slapped with a cease & desist by Gibson for their Standard and Vector models though.

45 minutes ago, bruce919 said:

I'm sure they had to come up with some else since they could no longer sell the Standard & Vector imports.  

They did have a couple others, like an "actual" Monaco and their Sunburst and Special Junior before. Haven't seen this one. 

25 minutes ago, bigolsparky said:

No - they were not. 

They had an "understanding".

Now that Hamer's gone, Gibson is making Hamer-ish Standa...uh, Explorers.

https://www.themusiczoo.com/products/gibson-custom-shop-58-explorer-standard-figured-kindred-burst?utm_source=The+Music+Zoo+Newsletter&utm_campaign=5d3525ecef-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_06_26_02_00&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_63363c100e-5d3525ecef-262935089&goal=0_63363c100e-5d3525ecef-262935089&mc_cid=5d3525ecef&mc_eid=377cacaa91

Gibson Standard.jpg

3 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Interesting. Based on the current Hamer offering, I would say that Gibson lawyers are earning their money and I am sort of glad I won't be seeing the veneer topped Standards and Vectors any longer.

"Hey guys, last year's models didn't really sell.  This year, let's put all the Hamer model names in a hat and some features and see what we come up with."

"Special K.....Monaco, got one." 

"Sunburst....non locking tremolo.  That should be enough.  These will fly off the shelves, better intro them at Summer NAMM."

"Yeah, the Winter NAMM gets too many people for that."

20 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Thank you! Apologies for the mis-information. An "understanding" that ended when Hamer did. 

That Explandard looks pretty. The price sure as hell does not. $7750 Canadian with shipping and duties. Holy cow! 

Archived