Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Letting go: All my gear's for sale

I expect to, soon, conclude a two-year long, bitter, destructive divorce.  I'm selling everything because it feels like the right next step. 

Below are a couple of current Reverb listings that I thought might interest HFC members.  In the next few weeks, everything will be listed on various gear sale sites.  A "sneak peak" of all my current and future listings is available on a wordpress blog that I've assembled for half-assed aggregation and organization.

EBMM Albert Lee HH in Mint Green - $1500/OBO Sold

Albert Lee Full 1.png

Line 6 Helix Floorboard - $1250/OBO

IMG_20180628_081609.jpg

Free shipping to HFCers.  I'll split any PP fees, if you want to use the fee service.

Stash your favorite guitar in a closet. You'll thank me later.

Best of luck with whatever your future has in store.

Sorry to hear that Michael. Life can certainly be a major bitch.

Great looking guitar list and lots of good prices on the bang stuff. Wish I was close enough to get involved. GLWTS

Michael.....Sorry it has been such a hard trail to get this behind you.

My 2 cents worth......Someone should grab the Artist Custom, the 30th Anniversary and the EM Talladega. Add the Tally Pro....How many people are always clamoring for one? That is a foursome worth reckoning with! Shoot, add the BIrdseye Newport too! Some of my favorite Hamers ever!

Good luck!

ETA....That DGT, with those atypical specs, is def a cut above what is already a great model.

Very nice collection! Sorry about the situation.

Thanks for the kind words about the situation, everybody.  I've found my peace with it.  To the extent that I have plans for the future, I don't see one that involves carrying around a guitar.  Good advice to stash them away to guard against future regrets, @hamerhead.  I'm looking to burn the boats.

I also am sorry, MB. Please reflect on your decision to get rid of all your guitars and presumably stop playing altogether...I did that once and 6 months later went in hock for an LP Jr.

If you are certain, then rock on and may life be incredibly blessed and wonderful for you.

3 hours ago, django49 said:

Michael.....Sorry it has been such a hard trail to get this behind you.

My 2 cents worth......Someone should grab the Artist Custom, the 30th Anniversary and the EM Talladega. Add the Tally Pro....How many people are always clamoring for one? That is a foursome worth reckoning with! Shoot, add the BIrdseye Newport too! Some of my favorite Hamers ever!

Good luck!

ETA....That DGT, with those atypical specs, is def a cut above what is already a great model.

Good eye,,, lots of nice gits there. That Tally is calling out to me!

4 hours ago, Michael_B said:

Albert Lee Full 1.png

Awesome neck on that one. I had an Albert Lee many moons ago and it was fantastic,,, super light and playable.

Good luck with everything going forward,,, and if you feel like playing again you can always pick up another guitar,,,, these things are like, everywhere!

Wow I'm also a guitars and guns guy.  You know I sold off alot of gear once and I later regretted it.  There are the guitars that got away.  I understand life change, but keep a few of your favorites.  Sell the ones that you can live without.  Best of luck in your journey.

Mine wasn’t too bad but when I did go thru it my guitars brought me peace.  They still do.  The new significant other (v 2.0) gets that.    Although I totally get not wanting a bunch of stuff from the past life.  Best of luck!   

I went through a miserable divorce. Fought for custody and lost.   Was practically bankrupted.  Paying child support and a couple thousand pick-ups and drop-offs for 16 years kept the ill feelings going.  But, I remarried a wonderful woman, had two great kids and all of that s*&t is behind me.  I kept the 70s LP Deluxe GT and the VibroChamp.   It may take some time, but you will come through and in a better place, I'm sure.  Hang tough for now.

That 30th Anniversary was mine at one time (by way of jwhitcomb3) and was THE finest guitar I'd ever owned. To me, it was the best of the best that Hamer had to offer. If I were able, I'd have it back in a heartbeat. It is super clean (maybe a couple pencil point-size marks) and sounds/plays fantastic.DSCN3607_zpseje98owu.jpgDSCN3608_zps62213706.jpgDSCN3606_zpsgjo2ecu0.jpg

ETA: .... "And for God’s sake Man, keep visiting The Outer Circle. Your posts are tits!" ....... 

No truer words were ever said on the HFC.

I hate reading about nasty divorces and it seems so many are just that.  I echo what a couple of people have said: I would keep your favorite of all your guitars so that if or when the urge to play hits you, you have something to do it on.  Good luck with everything.

I'd love to see some pics of the '79 Sunburst as my first Hamer was a natural Sunburst with dots...  Man, wish I still had it!  I may be interested in this one too.  Sorry about the situation and do your best to keep at least one fiddle...  Best of luck with everything!

16 hours ago, GuitarGuy65 said:

I'd love to see some pics of the '79 Sunburst as my first Hamer was a natural Sunburst with dots...  Man, wish I still had it!  I may be interested in this one too.  Sorry about the situation and do your best to keep at least one fiddle...  Best of luck with everything!

Thanks for the interest, @GuitarGuy65. I expect to start posting pics of each on July 3-4.

Archived