Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Replacement case tip ... this one for Chaps

The Daytona/G&G case fitting thread made me think this is worth sharing for anyone with a caseless Chap, or a deteriorating Chap case, etc.

Gwayne's recently overhauled Chap arrived to me a husk cocooned in bubblewrap. G wanted to case it for the trek back home from LA to GA, so I took the finished guitar to the local GC to test-fit every case they carry for strats and superstrats. The best fit was Gator's latest generation of molded ATA/TSA-approved flight case. It fit PERFECT, it hugged the body and neck and wiggle roomed the headstock PERFECT. It is much better than the OEM Hamer case in fact. The SKU on my receipt doesn't match up to online listings so I can't give you a specific item # to search, but I'm 90 percent sure it's this one ... https://gatorcases.com/products/guitar/tsa-ata-guitar-cases/tsa-guitar/electric-guitar-case-gtsa-gtrelec/

Heads up ... and a legit reason to show off Gary's finished guitar again, plus the custom neoprene promotional fret guards I had printed up for my shop. :)

IMG_1272.jpg

Ironic for the objective third-party observer in the scenario above ... but think of the impact from a Marketing 101 perspective, at the true point of purchase, when the consumer opens that guitar case. I worked in advertising and promotion for a multi-million dollar marketing agency for two decades prior to doing my shop full-time, and those guards do MUCH MORE than just protect a fret bed from frontal case impacts or stacking mishaps in a courier warehouse. Here's what G found immediately after focused exposure to my marketing message, two seconds later when he slid my branded fret guard sideways. Kind of like unclasping a sexy girl's lingerie bra for the first time to reveal the "oh yeah!"  LOL!! :)

35847174_1846896095612566_43449380378981

35781670_1846895232279319_83158422689341

Archived