Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: '96 Studio @ Dave's Guitar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave does get some really great looking  Hamers in his shop................great price as well {IMHO} for such a beautiful and high quality guitar.

1 minute ago, rugby1970 said:

That's really a looker. It's got my interest.

It should have your shipping address pasted on it.  

That's a great price.  

Damn it to hell! I had sent them an email, was waiting for a reply, had dinner with the Mrs. and it's gone. This will be a lesson to me: Never mix the Mrs., dinner and Hamers that are for sale. I'm such a stunod!

That's a beaut. 

That can't be the right wraptail, can it?  Easy enough to replace, but that looks like it should be a lightning bolt style bridge, or maybe a pigtail...

Meh, we all know who intonation is for...

1 hour ago, veatch said:

That's a beaut. 

That can't be the right wraptail, can it?  Easy enough to replace, but that looks like it should be a lightning bolt style bridge, or maybe a pigtail...

Meh, we all know who intonation is for...

The original stock wraptail bridge when it came from Hamer should have been a Wilkinson with an adjustable saddle for two of the strings IIRC, same model that came with the Eclipse.  I can't remember which strings had the adjustable saddle, though.

9 hours ago, veatch said:

Not at the angle the posts are at. Needs something like this. I think a Faber might work. 

I'm gonna teach you something, Jef.

You take the simple, solid, bar wrapper tailpiece, the one which 4 out of 5 Dentists prefer, and you remove some metal from the treble side of the bridge where it contacts the posts.
As you mentioned, Hamers' posts are straight across, so this counters that.
Then you take that silly lightning bolt bridge and throw it into the fucking woods.

The photo below is of my BCR Junior after I had prepped it for Tommy Williams to borrow for a Hooters gig.
He needed a Junior as his gear was already on an airplane for a European tour. His Junior has a bridge with adjustable saddles, because he's a stickler for intonation, and his intention was to swap my bridge while he used the guitar and then put it all back together when he was done.

After checking out the guitar, he said that the intonation was perfect and there was no need to do anything further.

You're welcome.

20150530_161155.jpeg

5 hours ago, sixesandsevens said:

If someone here bought that, I want to see pics from the buyer. 

Not that it won't be gorgeous, but Dave's has a photo setup that - while not untruthful - is wickedly flattering to all guitars.

This is very true.

1 hour ago, stratacus said:

It was on Reverb when I posted it Monday.

30 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I told you $999 was a good price.  

But it's hard to believe the guy could get it shipped from Wi to NY in time to post again today. Lazy axx even used Dave's pics.

Lavonne's in Savage here in Minnesota had a Hamer Studio I tried out but it was not a wrapper like this one,and while the top was very nice this one is certainly better. I passed on it to get the 99 Gibby Goldtop Classic with no regrets, If this guitar would have been the one for sale I might have considered it more.Very cool guitar, not surprised it sold so quickly.

1 hour ago, Hbom said:

But it's hard to believe the guy could get it shipped from Wi to NY in time to post again today. Lazy axx even used Dave's pics.

Your second sentence explains the first.
No need to have it in our hands to relist it, especially if you're going to "borrow" the photos from the guy that sold it to you.

15 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Your second sentence explains the first.
No need to have it in our hands to relist it, especially if you're going to "borrow" the photos from the guy that sold it to you.

Bingo. He probably has no intention of even unboxing the guitar (although he'll be sitting on it for a while at his new price).

"This is a clean guitar, among the cleanest I've seen, and it plays/sounds terrific so I can't imagine the new owner being disappointed. Grab it now before I change my mind!"

What an ass.

Archived