Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sold: Talladega Earthen Maple

This guitar (marked "25/25") is in excellent condition.  A little light pick-swirling on the top and a little light jean-rivet swirling on the back.  No other issues to the finish, no meaningful fret-wear, and no signs of corrosion to the metal finish.

Sold

dhnbz7rycr4vnbxqym1p.jpg

j7eiykrke0ls8avatxxs.jpg

jo68rrtsq4d7txzww6xa.jpg

fjwc7ercmygz87elmfjd.jpgi0xcf4ns1c4qu7ictcep.jpg

yoh3pt8s1m7vegntpric.jpg

kpqsqdyj0ltmzodaeqeu.jpgxsm5njkp6ywfbx2rzi4q.jpg

kxzdiuhhlefkslvptfxs.jpg

g0abasvyzbxduszml4aj.jpg

xgnqrayfm69axxzcm2sj.jpg

This had been a great series. I remember when it came out. One more beautiful than another. Damn Cites!

As far as I know all Talladega’s are chambered, except for 1, which sounded different , if I remember correctly from Jol’s blog. 

Now it may be that the chambers in the EM Tally’s are slightly different from the regular ones, But I am not sure about that. 

Gabe 😀

Oh and indeed a big thumbs up for the photography 👍

On 7/5/2018 at 11:47 PM, gorch said:

This had been a great series. I remember when it came out. One more beautiful than another. Damn Cites!

Just to clarify, rosewood is what's restricted by CITES, which is on the majority of Hamers.  It's not just the 'earthen maple' ones, but any Hamer with rosewood.  Maple by itself isn't affected.

6 hours ago, crunchee said:

Just to clarify, rosewood is what's restricted by CITES, which is on the majority of Hamers.  It's not just the 'earthen maple' ones, but any Hamer with rosewood.  Maple by itself isn't affected.

Well, Honduras mahogany is on the list as well as far as I know.

If anyone wants my graphic special and Newport pro then I will happily take this EM tally.  I’d love to try this lovely hunk o wood.

if this post is inappropriate please feel free to delete.  

Tallies are chambered, very light weight and resonate. The neck usually is a V shape. Fantastic to play!

On 7/6/2018 at 7:28 AM, Pieman said:

Your photographs have always been stellar. What are yo using for a backdrop?

GLWTS    Talleys are the best.

I appreciate the compliment, particularly because I'm never happy with my pics.  I use some photography gear including a very large roll of white paper, which I had used to shoot product pics for my (former) company's products.

I am relieved that the earthen maple tally has sold;

I was sorely tempted even though I just purchased a beautiful Tally, (Brown Sugar Quilt top) here on the HFC a few months ago and I am trying to downsize.

3 hours ago, GASguy said:

I am relieved that the earthen maple tally has sold;

I was sorely tempted even though I just purchased a beautiful Tally, (Brown Sugar Quilt top) here on the HFC a few months ago and I am trying to downsize.

+1 

So was I, even though I already have a unique Tally also (Aztec Gold with bound fingerboard), called "Irma".

Gabe 😀

Archived