Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'79 Sunburst, Natural Finish

After going owning several '79 Sunbursts, this is the one that satisfied me: fuller neck and a tone that delivers a beautiful warm neck for jazz (efforts), a typical bluesy tone and 70s era rock crunch.

It is in very good condition, for a nearly 40-year old guitar. I've included pictures of the most significant chips, dings and mars. There are additional smaller ones, which may not be visible in the pictures.

As you can see in the pics, it's not all-original.  At some point, someone added a brass nut.  I've come to believe that the brass nut plays a meaningful role in this being the best sounding and sustaining '79 Sunburst that I've owned.  About a year ago, frets were recrowned, and measure about 0.100" x 0.014" (not everyone's cup of tea).  The knobs are non-original. Other than the exceptions that I mentioned, the electronics and hardware are all original.

This '79 Sunburst's neck feels fuller than 2 of the others that I've had.  The approximate neck dimensions are 1.615" wide, at the nut; 0.84" thick, at the 1st fret; 1.984" wide x 0.91" thick, at the 12th fret. The guitar weighs approximately 9.0 pounds. 

The '79 Sunburst comes with a vintage Hamer case (it may or may not be the original).

Asking $2200 shipped, insured and PayPal Friends and Family

isfvdvrtihocu9wqdrrh.pngrvuxpcbclddse56mjqpo.pngmohnummeni9el5lp4tc6.pngsjxwsoiwj3rfljnvruov.pngcp1pj0zzzkm4xtuswd4e.pngtogks7vzs0xhra9z9zke.pngekfjf2v8zqwjmig8mpmz.pngzv7152jjmlcz15duri57.pngdqhszurl1vzsnplxjo8t.pngpnfp9snuhkgzboxcnj9g.pngs0qzq5corseigzve3lv6.pnggaum343gjgpzerqrfm9y.pngepsedg6nnkjhinigomiw.pngpjetf5rushh24qwhmi9e.pnggoista1f9ffetbdasnrv.pngj2lzebwcbdazlo7o3k74.pngsanfuig0iqnjggydiub8.pngar6c7ixqmhqtscityc76.pngwg6zmkjriwfxdilkwjbe.png

Sweet!  The one I had when I was a kid had dots and was more yellow maple than this one as it looks more amber to me...  Love that brass nut too, as that was the vogue thing to do back in the day and definitely could help with the tone.  What a beauty and GLWS! 

WOW!  That IS a real beauty!:wub: Natural finished "SUNBURSTS" from this era don't turn up often from what I have seen on my years on here. Its in really nice condition  and it  is "Bound and Crowned"...................don't know that exact rarity factor as far as the finish and it being B&C'd but I'll stick my neck out and guess not many were made like this one. Very Cool guitar!:wub: Some lucky new owner is going to love this one! It should not be for sale long before that happens.

Archived