Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Psa t-51 $550 music mill nh

8 lbs 14 oz.  some fretwear on b and g cowboy area but otherwise nice.  Blonde.   W/case but not sure if original.    Music mill is my local Saturday stop    Good peeps more than holding own against the new gc.   

2 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

Not at this store. Is there another one?

59 minutes ago, DaveL said:

Yes please don’t call the above number.    Use this one.  They are regularly on eBay reverb etc.        https://manchestermusicmill.com/contact-us/.         Rugby. If you pm your email, will be happy to send you a couple pics I took with my cell.       Dave.  

Sorry about that guy's!

On 7/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, DaveL said:

I had no idea there were two!   state not that big  lol 

This one is coming my way and the price was very, very easy to say the least. The folks at Manchester Music Mill were awesome to work with. Thank you Dave! Thank you Carl!

35 minutes ago, rugby1970 said:

This one is coming my way and the price was very, very easy to say the least. The folks at Manchester Music Mill were awesome to work with. Thank you Dave! Thank you Carl!

Very cool!  Don't forget to post some pics!

48 minutes ago, rugby1970 said:

cool man,   agree that they're easy to deal with,  congrats!    

I played that one off the rack about a week ago. The skunk stripe was poking out of the back of the neck, and the electronics were popping and making strange sounds. I pointed this out to the salesman, and he took it off the floor. A couple days ago I went back and they’d sanded down the skunk stripe. I didn’t plug it in. I’d be suspicious that the truss rod was over-tightened, popping out the skunk stripe. This was also a rather heavy guitar. Give it a good looking over before deciding to keep it.

12 hours ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

I played that one off the rack about a week ago. The skunk stripe was poking out of the back of the neck, and the electronics were popping and making strange sounds. I pointed this out to the salesman, and he took it off the floor. A couple days ago I went back and they’d sanded down the skunk stripe. I didn’t plug it in. I’d be suspicious that the truss rod was over-tightened, popping out the skunk stripe. This was also a rather heavy guitar. Give it a good looking over before deciding to keep it.

Thanks for the heads up. I spoke Tom at the store for a hands on description of the guitar. We went over it thoroughly and I was assured that the guitar is fine in all respects. Having been burned once I know the questions to ask, I also saved the several email Q&A's with all of my questions and their written responses.

I once bought a used Fender Tele on line, the guitar was fine but the truss rod wasn't. It cost me a new neck and set-up. The old neck has been on the wall in my office ever since as a reminder.

UPDATE: I just spoke with the store. They said that the skunk stripe was  sticking out and their techs re-glued in; the truss rod is fully operational; the electronics are fine and it plays very nicely. They have a return policy and they said that if I wasn't happy with the guitar I could send it back.

I guess that's all good (HA!) but it's too late because the "guitar is in the mail". Oh, shit!!

On 7/13/2018 at 7:31 PM, rugby1970 said:

Well, it's here and the jury is still out. I have a 45 day, no questions asked return policy. It's iffy.

The Jury has returned a verdict:

30 minutes ago, Gtrdudes said:

I’ll bite. What didn’t you like?  Was the skunk not right?

whoa. That’s almost lyrical.  Sorry. 

Yeah, the skunk stripe wasn't right; it's too far in nearer the heel. There are sanding marks near it and the neck finish was not repaired. The edge of the neck  at the finger board on the bass side is a bit rough. Hey, it was a shot and came with a very fair return policy. Plus, it was offered at an attractive price.

Archived