Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Cruise Bass - 1986 For Sale

For sale is my 1986 Hamer Cruise Bass. Solid bass that plays and sounds fantastic. The bass is in good overall condition but has wear and tear and has definitely been played in it's 30+ years of life. Some nicks and dings in the paint but the bass is completely solid. It has genuine player wear, not a relic done by sandpaper and tools. Check out the pics. Can provide more if needed. I really like this bass but need to unload a few things. For sale only unless you offer something really cool ;)

PRICE:  $700 shipped in the continental US.

Features:

Made in the USA

Mahogany body

Maple neck 21 frets - 34" scale

Dimarzio P-J pickups (passive)

White finish that has aged to a light creme (pics make it look more white than it is in person).

Gold hardware (Schaller hardware re-branded as Hamer)

Non-original Rickenbacker case that fits the bass fine.

Thanks for checking out my ad.

YngBXqi.jpg

UnUg1NQ.jpg

uvg1fov.jpg

fvihoyu.jpg

QsHfMmT.jpg

tRoR4Gy.jpg

We’ll have to see a price per Forum rules.

1 minute ago, pablo said:

if i live in usa that bass will be mine in a second

Perfect opportunity to come for a visit!

i had the oportunity to be a lot of times there. mayority time in florida and Maine. i have a lot of friends there . 

my next time there i will open a post asking who in florida ( or where i be at that moment) wanna show me his Hamer collection :)

Sharp looking bass, GLWTS!  I can't quite tell from my computer monitor, is there a circular screw hole next to the truss rod cover, on the treble side?  It kinda makes me think there was a string tree for the D and G strings at one time.

2 hours ago, crunchee said:

Sharp looking bass, GLWTS!  I can't quite tell from my computer monitor, is there a circular screw hole next to the truss rod cover, on the treble side?  It kinda makes me think there was a string tree for the D and G strings at one time.

Good eye! I never paid that any attention before. Previous owner didn't mention it so he may not have known either. Based on that spot plus another ding very close to it I kind of think it's a ding but will look it over really good. I will try to get a close up of that spot and post it later this afternoon. 

I took a couple of extra shots of the area in question. I can't tell for sure if this was a screw hole or not. It kind of resembles one but looks like a ding as well. All I can say for sure is that I have never added a screw or string tree to the bass, but cannot confirm or deny that there was once a string tree added.  Trust your eyes in this case.  The D and G strings has never popped out of the nut while playing so not sure why someone would have added a string tree. 

qPC6SRi.jpg

BGMbQg4.jpg

FGiqhox.jpg

With the close-ups, it looks like a ding to me, not a screw hole.  Sometimes an original photo gives an impression that something is there when it isn't, that's why it pays to investigate further.  The finish (and bass) looks original and unaltered in that area, with finish checking to the original nitro finish that I'd expect from a ding.  Thanks for the clarification!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a beautiful bass. I have a 1997 2-teknthat I use for recording so I am set...but if I didn’t have it or was gigging on bass, this would be here already.

GLWTS...someone will get a great bass.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived