Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Oh the Horror!

9 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

The only hope for that guitar is to go to someone who can do all the restoration himself.  The cost of getting that one right is going to be high, and the resale value will be low. 

I'm tempted to buy it and have @Jeff R throw a maple top on it and make it a Hamer-esque Special.
Or smash it. Either one.

BTW: Find the Polish joke in the ad.

3 minutes ago, soli'd said:

I guess the guy in Kalamazoo who cut the open book shape in the headstock called in sick that day.

Pretty sure that's one of the "improvements" the former owner performed. By the way, ever notice whenever a guitar is butchered, it's never the seller who did it?
I can tell you that it was NOT an original TV as well. I had a '59 TV, and that ain't one. That control cavity has not a trace of TV Yellow paint. 
And another thing: "The body, neck, bridge and knobs are original."

Nope.

image.png

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

I'm tempted to buy it and have @Jeff R throw a maple top on it and make it a Hamer-esque Special.
Or smash it. Either one.

BTW: Find the Polish joke in the ad.

Don't send that to me. Dehydration via tear ducts has got to be an slower, more painful decaying than what that Junior has and continues to endure.

7 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

Don't send that to me. Dehydration via tear ducts has got to be an slower, more painful decaying than what that Junior has and continues to endure.

Certainly draining several Miller Light tankers had made you strong.
I thought you were tough?

I just saw this on a listing for a 2010 Firebird on Reverb. Mint condition! Well, except for that headstock repair. But other than that...mint!

"Gibson Firebird V 2010. In mint condition -- EXCEPT headstock broke at connection of headstock and neck (guitar fell off stand). Perfect repair. Guitar plays and looks perfect but for repaired crack (clean repair)."

15 minutes ago, Dana_V said:

I just saw this on a listing for a 2010 Firebird on Reverb. Mint condition! Well, except for that headstock repair. But other than that...mint!

"Gibson Firebird V 2010. In mint condition -- EXCEPT headstock broke at connection of headstock and neck (guitar fell off stand). Perfect repair. Guitar plays and looks perfect but for repaired crack (clean repair)."

"Mint condition!" 

Right.  I guess he means this sort of "mint condition". kisspng-york-peppermint-pattie-chocolate

3 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Oh... don't reopen that can of worms.

The Rear Page nonsense...

Funny quote from that thread:  "I blame many of the members here who demand a 20% refund on Reverb because there's a toxic dog hair in the case from 5 dogs ago. Total idiots who can't play a guitar, but are criminal forensic experts in finding imaginary damage."

Archived