Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Black Hamer P-90 GT? Studio Custom P-90? BIG PRICE REDUCTION

NOW Asking $1,200.00 including shipping (U.S. only) and worth every penny.

My overexposed washed out photos do not do this guitar justice. Dark inky black with amber ivoroid binding and gold hardware.  When I bought this guitar it had  aftermarket black hardware. I did the full black beauty treatment on it.  Gold TonePros bridge , locking studs and and tailpiece, gold Shaller tuners, gold Dunlop locking (2 way) strap buttons, gold switch nut, gold Switchcraft  barrel jack, gold truss rod cover screws - even custom ordered gold pole pieces in the pickups, which are, by the way, Lindy Frailin noiseless P-90s!!!!!!!

The condition is excellent with some minor pick and polish marks that you always see in black paint, plus a couple of tiny impressions - nothing significant that cracks the clear or goes through the finish.  There is one exception to my use of "excellent" in the description - there have been different tuners on the guitar and you can see the repaired screw holes and housing outlines in direct light.  I filled, touched up and buffed the marks, but they are not invisible.  Close, but not perfect.  I added an orange drop capacitor and treble bleed cap, which work really well with the Noiseless P-90s.  They sound slightly darker and more balanced than the original Duncan pickups, plus . . . NO HUM!

The action is absolutely superb on this guitar.  I don't know if it has been Pleked, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Those of you who know me know that I'm not into hyperbole and don't spew BS.  The fretwork on this guitar is so good that I was able to dial in very low action with no fret buzz with zero effort.  Frets are clean and the nibs have been rounded off. Playability is exceptional.  Your money happily refunded and I pay shipping if you don't agree.

Dark rosewood fretboard

Weight: 7 lbs. 9 oz.

The neck is slim (.830") at the firs fret and gets a little chunkier (.880") at the 12th.

Includes Hamer USA case, possibly original.

Someone please correct me if I have the model name wrong.

P2170013.JPG

P2170014.JPG

P2170015.JPG

P2170016.JPG

P2170017.JPG

P2170018.JPG

P2170019.JPG

P2170020.JPG

P2170021.JPG

P2170022.JPG

P2170023.JPG

P2170025.JPG

I had one of those once back in the mid-late '90's, black with original chrome hardware and original black plastic 'top hat' knobs.  I didn't care much for Hamer's choice of SD P-90s back then, I thought they were a little too 'hot' for my taste.  In hindsight, I shoulda kept the guitar and put in P-90s that were more vintage-like, but that's the way it goes.  GLWTS!

Damn that's a really pretty guitar. It definitely has a late 50's Black Beauty vibe to it too. And I am huge fan of Lindy's pickups...not a great time for me as I just paid 2 college tuitions but I will watch this thread in case something comes up.

Because I honestly have no idea, is this all mahogany or mahogany with a maple cap under all that silky black?

EDIT: Cap it is :)

Going to Reverb this weekend.  I'd rather sell it here.  Feel free to sen me an offer.

7 minutes ago, pablo said:

its brand new ? :huh:

The pickups and hardware, yes.

The guitar is a 2003 model, I believe.

DAMN! That is a beauty, and a virtual giveaway price!

I have first hand experience in buying your guitars and know what a good job you do in bringing them up to "all they can be". Were I not (still) trying to be serious about downsizing, I'd most likely jump. Unfortunately, I still have too many P90 guitars......

Archived