Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Reputable guitar tech in or very close to Connecticut?

Jeff R

Question

I got an inquiry today from a guy who says he's in Connecticut and he's looking for general set-up work, possible fret work and possible Floyd Rose nut height fine-tuning. 85 Soloist and a Warmoth "Green Meanie" partsmutt clone. I told him I appreciate him reaching out but it makes no sense to ship to me across country when there are surely guys right there who do stellar work. Give those techs, not UPS or FedEx, your money, that's my logic, plus just driving distance from Conn is NYC - a kinda big guitar market from what I remember, right? LOL

One problem ...

I need suggestions on who does stellar guitar tech work in or very close to Connecticut. Leads?

Better yet, have any old New Hartford employees opened pure repair/tech shops or gotten jobs at any shops doing it?

17 answers to this question

I've heard good things about Dubaldo music in Manchester CT. They are a bit east of the center of the state, so it would probably take at most 2 hours from anywhere in CT to get there. Probably less.

https://dubaldomusic.com/instrument-repair/

50 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

I takes 4 hours to drive across Connecticut. 

that's just about the amount of traffic if you try doing it on I-95 lol. From Hartford I can be out of the state within an hour east and west and about 1/2 north to Springfield. Trying to get to NYC on 91 and 95 is a CF and takes forever lol.

I don't know on the tech point - haven't needed any major work on gear in a couple of decades. Where is the customer located?

2 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

Google Maps indicates no less than 23 hours drive from Connecticut to me, so he's still winning.

All he said was he's "out of Connecticut."

23 hours ago, Jeff R said:

I need suggestions on who does stellar guitar tech work in or very close to Connecticut. Leads?

Better yet, have any old New Hartford employees opened pure repair/tech shops or gotten jobs at any shops doing it?

gotta be a former Hamer employee in CT who does that.   I don't personally know any of those guys but I'm sure that cmathes does or there are a few of of those guys here.  Shishakov would probly know a few of them. 

I will give Phil an enthusiastic thumbs up.  Great attention to detail and knowledgeable guy.

Also Hamer’s own Dave B is in the New Hartford area and does repairs for several local shops as well as custom builds.  

3 hours ago, mirrorimij said:

I will give Phil an enthusiastic thumbs up.  Great attention to detail and knowledgeable guy.

Also Hamer’s own Dave B is in the New Hartford area and does repairs for several local shops as well as custom builds.  

Thumbs way up for both of these guys!

Thanks for the endorsements, gentlemen!!! Sorry I didn't notice this thread before today. If there's still a need, please get in touch with me. I do a bit of everything on everything! 🙂 DBraz is correct. So hopefully that alone is a good endorsement of my level of work. 🙂

On 7/18/2018 at 1:01 PM, Studio Custom said:

Google Maps indicates a drive from Trumbull, CT to Greenwich, CT requires 41 mins. to cover 32.1 mi. on CT state route 15 N.

On 7/18/2018 at 4:33 PM, tbonesullivan said:

so it would probably take at least 2 hours from anywhere in CT to get there. Probably more.

Fixed it for ya.  As an occasional traveler through CT on my way from here to there, I'm always astonished at the traffic.  I always stop in Danbury.  Not that I want to, but I84 always comes to a stop in Danbury.  24x7x365.

Archived