Hamer Fan Club Message Center

End of marriage gear reduction! Pt 1. Price drop!

Hi everyone,

The recent end of my marriage has forced me into a smaller abode and thus the requirement that I gotta lighten the load.

I'll be releasing at least 5-10 Hamers into the wild and many other brands as well.  I'll keep updating as I pull them out of storage.

For now:

Two Phantoms, and a Prototype.

Buyer pays actual Shipping via FedEx.  PP, in the contiguous States.  (Sorry Euro and Brit friends!)

The 1st Phantom (SOLD) is an '84 in a gunmetal grey (plz correct me) with original sustain block vibrato and  Hamerlock tuners.  There was a sticker on the back at some point which reveals how the finish has aged.  A few dings here and there, I'd be happy to send detailed pics for anyone who is interested.  OHSC included. SOLD

The 2nd Phantom (SOLD) is an '83 with original Kahler- love, hate or tolerate them, this is a good Kahler anyway.  Smooth and retains tuning well.  It doesn't seem to inhibit the tone dramatically as compared to #1 above.  Some finish checking overall and dings- again I have detailed pics, but I've reached the limit for the post.  Get your Andy Summers on!

The Prototype (SOLD) is an '84 with original Kahler as well.  There are a few scrapes on the top (hard to photograph, but look buffable). I'm not sure what this finish was called but it's very pleasing to the eye in person.  It has a little cowboy chord fret wear, but plays well at a very low action, if that's your thing.

Please PM me with questions/requests.  Thanks in advance!

IMG_5615.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

14 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

That silver phantom is to die for. I'd buy it right now if I wasnt downsizing myself GLWTS

Thanks much!  Best of luck in your downsizing efforts.  These were hard to consider letting go, but there's a couple more Phantoms I'm hanging onto... for now.

11 hours ago, Menehune said:

Good luck with the sale, Eli, and good luck with your transition out of marriage. Lean on your friends here if you need to.

Many thanks, I do really appreciate it.

That divorce thing is beyond sucks. The word "sucks" doesn't do justice. But all of us who have been thru it know you will get thru it.  a few years from now you'll say to yourself "man, i wish I had done this sooner."  This is dedicated to Eli and all of us who at one time or another became "Born Again Bachelors" 

• Good bye is too good a word gal
  • so I'll just say fare thee well
  • I ain't sayin you treated me unkind
  • You coulda done better baby but I don't mind
  • You just kinda wasted my precious time
  • Lawd don't think twice its allright
  • (props to Bob Dylan)
  • Clapton owns a great song
  • Hit it Hal....
  • IMHO one of ECs best pieces of guitar work captured in a waaaaay long time, classic "call & answer" blues.  Hot as a blow torch solo.
  • watch the expession on Cropper's face at the end of the song.  He looks like he just wants to put down his guitar, bow and say "we're not worthy"
  • Best hijack of a Dylan tune since Jimi did All Along the Watchtower.  Hands down breath taking on the guitar work, great vocal performance, and a total makeover interpretation of a Dylan classic.  
  • Tribute to a great song.  It can be performed in several very different styles and hold up as a great song.
  • Then Clapton does a walk off home run strut, exit stage right.

12 hours ago, Ua D said:

That’s a bummer man.  

Thanks- hopefully we can keep the fruits of my obsession in the HFC family. That’s a silver lining...  perhaps.

I once responded to a chick who dumped me by writing the lyrics to "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" on a sheet of paper and putting it under one of the windshield wipers on her car, like a parking ticket. Afterward I was like....

the-breakfast-club-a85935f3-98e9-4119-824e-57d34bb63f1e.jpg

On 7/22/2018 at 5:59 AM, Caddie said:

That divorce thing is beyond sucks. The word "sucks" doesn't do justice. But all of us who have been thru it know you will get thru it.  a few years from now you'll say to yourself "man, i wish I had done this sooner."  This is dedicated to Eli and all of us who at one time or another became "Born Again Bachelors" 

• (props to Bob Dylan)
  • Hit it Hal....
  • IMHO one of ECs best pieces of guitar work captured in a waaaaay long time, classic "call & answer" blues.  Hot as a blow torch solo.
  • watch the expession on Cropper's face at the end of the song.  He looks like he just wants to put down his guitar, bow and say "we're not worthy"
  • Best hijack of a Dylan tune since Jimi did All Along the Watchtower.  Hands down breath taking on the guitar work, great vocal performance, and a total makeover interpretation of a Dylan classic.  
  • Tribute to a great song.  It can be performed in several very different styles and hold up as a great song.

Wow, quite a screed. Bullet points and evahthang. 

On 7/22/2018 at 5:59 AM, Caddie said:

• (props to Bob Dylan)
  • Hit it Hal....

EC knows from the hurt.  Thanks for all the bullet points and support!

13 hours ago, RobB said:

Wow, quite a screed. Bullet points and evahthang. 

Thanks RobB. What's a screed?  I think i may know.  Its that last sound that comes out of the pilot's mouth an instant before the cockpit voice recorder stops working,  right after they quietly say "shit".  Legend has it that the pilot's last word is always "shit".  I suspect that he knows he's thrown everything he has to get that aircraft back in order, everything he can to save those people sitting behind him.  Then its kinda like Slim Pickens riding the bomb out of the B-52.  Down into no-where-Russia.  YEEE HAWWW. SSSCCCRRREEEEEED  SHIT...... POOF

For you younguns out there you must watch Dr. Strangelove.  "Mine Furher, I can walk"  Incredible performances by Peter Sellers, how many roles does he play in that movie?1  The POTUS, Dr.Strangelove,  British Officer Mandrake, gotta be some I missed.....other great actors in the movie, George C Scott, James Earl Jones, Rod Steiger, Keenan Wynn...gotta see it.

sorry about all the bullets its just how I write. Main topic.  then stand back as the ideas come firing out bullet-by-bullet. I can flesh them out and try to put them into some kind of order later.  Then see if there's an idea that can be distilled out of all the chicken droppings.  Like most things, especially divorces, it usually starts over some chicken shit that never got distilled.

Now who wants one last dose of bullet points?!

• 🍻
  • 😎
  • ✌️

your humble caddie

Whats the secret chuckle about between EC, GE and Booker T when BT throws in that organ fill at 1:28🤔

Toobs?  TOOBs?  We don't need no steenking toobs.  Vamanos!

Schwing Segue!

KLM 247 you are clear for visual at St Maarten.  Be ready for quick rerouting.    She could whip out her batons at any moment directing you to circle around or direct you to Gate 2. Dibs on pulling the junk out of her trunk.

• Now THAT is landing gear that could take a pounding and serve you breakfast in the morning.
  •  "Want any cream or sugar in your coffee.  No, no, not for me.  I'm diabetic.  
  • "Hey bubs_42!  WTF is your problem?"😀Take the condiments man, take 'em... with a thank you!! and a Laurel and Hardy handshake🤣😎
  • What great posture on that girl , eh?
  • Just shut up with your "i think she was photoshopped" crap.
  • Does it matter?!

What? You want bullet points too?!

Happy now?

Archived