Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD (NSD)

Cary

Well, after 20 years of bitching that I couldn't buy a Standard at what they were going for 20 years ago, I finally blew the dust and cobwebs off my wallet and bought one.  Actually, with a head full of Maker's, I threw an offer at one, woke up the next day and thought "Oh, shit", but figured the seller would reject the offer.  Much to sober Cary's amazement, the offer was accepted.  I love this guitar.  My crappy photo skills don't do the top justice, and I like that it seems to be just a hair darker than a lot of 59 Bursts I've seen, which I like (darker in person than in the photos).

IMG_1236.JPG

22 minutes ago, DaveL said:

You are guaranteed to make none the shots you don’t take.

1 hour ago, Cary said:

Actually, with a head full of Maker's

Hmm...

Congrats!  That's beautiful!

4 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

Imagine what you could have bought with the aid of Booker's!  Congrats and enjoy that beautiful fiddle!

Yeah, don’t even want to think about that...  Or a bottle of Stagg...

Love it!  

11 hours ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

Envious!!! I’ve had a hankering for one since I first saw an ad in Guitar Player magazine in the 70s. That and a 79 TransAm. You’re living the dream!

Yeah, I’ve wanted one ever since Cheap Trick at Budokan...  40 years was too long to wait.  I’d kill for a late 70s Trans Am, but it DO still have the 76 Vette, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice. 

On 7/23/2018 at 3:14 PM, BubbaVO said:

Sweeeet!

Now all you need is a '76 Gibson and a Shishkov Ultimate to round out the collection.

Not a 76, but I’ve got the Gibson Explorer covered...   The Shishkov May take a bit longer.  Wouldn’t mind a USA Dean, either...

90FFFE82-29F4-45AD-A596-BDE75770CD0E.jpeg

Archived