Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gig Bag Recommendations

8 hours ago, veatch said:

I have no idea how many gigs that bag has been to...

Yeah, I like the repair idea.

Though, not having a zipper has really not been too big of a deal. 

At a certain age, having a working zipper seems to become optional.

Cool story about that particular suitcase.  When I first became an accountant, I worked at a place called the Duval Home in Glenwood, Florida.  It was pretty famous as homes for the developmentally disabled go.  When the "residents" would arrive, their luggage was oftentimes never delivered back to the families.  The Duval Home had become their home, so no need for a suitcase.  The basement in one of the residence halls was filled with suitcases.  I saw them all piled up next to the dumpsters one day and snagged about a half dozen really cool ones.  I have a full tweed set in storage that's dead mint.  It has the large and small case along with the ultra-rare tweed cosmetic case.  The one I posted above got most of the wear after I found it!

17 hours ago, The Shark said:

I have a tweed suitcase from the mid-fifties.  I can't tell you how many times somebody's offered to buy it. 

jmYK2Yu.jpg

I have that exact same suitcase. My parents got married in 1957 and got a full set of this luggage as a wedding gift. Somehow I wound up with the small case. It's all kinds of cool.

21 hours ago, The Shark said:

I have a tweed suitcase from the mid-fifties.  I can't tell you how many times somebody's offered to buy it. 

jmYK2Yu.jpg

When i took a 12-year-old's two-month diversion into trying to do magic tricks (three card tricks and maybe a puppet), it was an old suitcase just like this that I dug out of the attic to hold all my stuff.  Thanks for the memories!

Archived