Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS/FT: Any Newport for your Monaco III trades out there?

It's official, I want all my guitars to be single coil. One guitar left that's not, and I don't want to go down the pickup swapping rabbit hole. Especially since I want P90s, and I'm not a fan of any of the humbucker-sized P90s. There might be some that sound pretty decent, but none of them do it for me.

It’s a 2001 Newport that I got from RobB here on the board. I think it was custom made for a dealer. Goldtop (natch), with TV Jones Classic pickups, Faber Tone-Lock bridge, and a Tom Anderson Bigsby string anchor mod. Nice, dark rosewood fretboard. Frets in great shape. Light tarnish on the nickel hardware, the pickup selector could probably use a shot of DeOxit in it (but works fine) and I could probably find something somewhere on it, but otherwise in excellent condition. OHSC. More pics if requested.

2001-Newport-sm.jpg

There a plenty of posts about TV Jones pickups in Newports and a good number remarking how good they sound in this particular guitar, so I'll just leave it at if you want a guitar that will just about do anything, this one is it.

Looking for a Monaco III. I don't think there are many (any?) Newport P90s with Bigsbys, but would consider one of those, too. I'm not interested in a Newport with Phatcats. We'll workout trade logistics later, if this ever gets that far, that is. Newer members I don't post a lot these days, but I've been on the HFC since 2000.

Sold

• 3 weeks later...

Archived