Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bryan Adams

spanky

I saw Bryan Adams in Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada last week. I was prepared to have an OK show with familiar songs...he surprised me and put on an awesome show. The guitarist in his band, The Dudes of Leisure, is Keith Scott. He was one of reasons it was a memorable show.

Not for everyone I'm sure but I was impressed. Next week I'll be taking in ZZTOP...

BA.png

In the 90s I saw Brian in a very small restaurant here in Stockholm. He came in after his big arena show, did a full set of songs for like 100 people in the middle of the night. That was really cool. 

I liked his first four albums. After that he became a real sell out, totaly lame. But the first albums kicks ass. 

So funny that he got so pissed at allmusicguide.com for one of their albums reviews that he declined them permission to write about him. I've heard that he is kinda hard to deal with in private, if ya know what I mean (LSD).

"

Was looking to get some info on a Bryan Adams release so went to All Music Guide and his name did not come up at all. Emailed them and here is their response..

"
Thank you for your inquiry. Due to the request of Mr. Adams, we are no longer permitted to display his information on AllMusic. Thanks for stopping by!
Best Regards,
The AllMusic Team"
"

14 minutes ago, Disturber said:

Thanks for stopping by!
Best Regards,
The AllMusic Team

"Thanks for stopping by"?

That's like "Best" and similar disingenuous exit pleasantries.
My favorite, though came to me from the Sales Manager at Reverend Guitars when I inquired about the possibility of a different color pick guard for the Gil Parris I had just bought.

image.png

"Hope this helps."

News Flash!  It doesn't.

1 hour ago, Disturber said:

Was looking to get some info on a Bryan Adams release so went to All Music Guide and his name did not come up at all. Emailed them and here is their response..

"
Thank you for your inquiry. Due to the request of Mr. Adams, we are no longer permitted to display his information on AllMusic. Thanks for stopping by!
Best Regards,
The AllMusic Team"
"

What possible reason could he have for not wanting his "information" displayed on Allmusic? Fucking Canuck.....

3 minutes ago, MCChris said:

What possible reason could he have for not wanting his "information" displayed on Allmusic? Fucking Canuck.....

What possible reason could someone have for searching for information on Bryan Adams?

17 hours ago, The Shark said:

Keith Scott pushed me down the Trainwreck Amp rabbit hole.  Played a Rock Superbowl in Orlando and it was the best live guitar sound I'd ever heard.

I'm starting down this rabbit hole too,,, have a Kane Liverpool in house and a Z Wreck clone en route. Really liking the tones, I suppose that Komets will be entering the picture soon,,,

25 minutes ago, LordsoftheJungle said:

I'm starting down this rabbit hole too,,, have a Kane Liverpool in house and a Z Wreck clone en route. Really liking the tones, I suppose that Komets will be entering the picture soon,,,

TW-/Komet-rabbit holes are digging very deeeeep. And there are soo much crossroads, too.

But perhaps you'll have to try out  another stellar brand of amps, soon.

Keith Scott playing Gjika amp

5 hours ago, LordsoftheJungle said:

I've had a Liverpool, a Rocket and an Express by Mark Kane.  All were killer.  I just can't play loud anymore.

2 hours ago, LordsoftheJungle said:

Looks nice, sounds nice,,, maybe once Ceriatone makes a clone I can try one!

That will never happen. Bob Gjika is a lone wolf.

Maybe someday in the For Sale-section.

36 minutes ago, The Shark said:

I've had a Liverpool, a Rocket and an Express by Mark Kane.  All were killer.  I just can't play loud anymore.

I am running my Kane Rocket, Komet Constellation and Gjika Amp through a VHT Power Station PS II.

But not, before all my neighbors are out     B)

11 hours ago, MCChris said:

Fucking Canuck? Dont go all Saudi on us bro!.....oh shit, I got too political...dont ban me bro!!!!😘

15 hours ago, donner said:

I am running my Kane Rocket, Komet Constellation and Gjika Amp through a VHT Power Station PS II.

But not, before all my neighbors are out     B)

Gjika's stuff is really killer too.  Wish I could, but Tinnitus is creeping up on me.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:09 PM, RobB said:

"The Canadian government has apologized for Bryan Adams on numerous occasions!"---South Park

Those S Park guys have their fingers on so many different pulses.   Not sure how they do it and can't say they don't offend everyone at some point, but damn they are funny.

5 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

Not sure how they do it and can't say they don't offend everyone at some point, but damn they are funny.

While I agree (THREAD HIJACK!) that they are funny (and I am a fan), they have a tendency to not have a sense of humor.
Google/YouTube their appearances on talk shows and podcasts where they shit on shows like the Family Guy and American Dad for having "lazy writing," "easy bits," etc, as if Terrance & Phillip lighting their farts on fire is high comedy.

32 minutes ago, kizanski said:

While I agree (THREAD HIJACK!) that they are funny (and I am a fan), they have a tendency to not have a sense of humor.
Google/YouTube their appearances on talk shows and podcasts where they shit on shows like the Family Guy and American Dad for having "lazy writing," "easy bits," etc, as if Terrance & Phillip lighting their farts on fire is high comedy.

And it'll be just as funny when some punks come along and take the piss out of them too

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, The Shark said:

It's a shame not being able to take full advantage of the high volume, tube driven bliss in my Kane Liverpool but the lower volume cleans are outstanding. I'm loving the new tones on tap but hate to say that I've finally been dragged down the rabbit hole of preamp tube minutiae. After many years of avoiding that whole thing there's just no getting around it with these amps.

Archived