Hamer Fan Club Message Center

3 Monkeys Sock Monkey 18/12 = $825 CONUS

Hey all, I'm selling the Sock Monkey 18/12 that I picked up.  It is the same one that @bubs_42 sold awhile back. 

I think the amp is fantastic, but I really needed something with a loop and two channels at the end of the day and have decided to go with a Budda SD 18.  It's a little easier to go from the Friedman to the Budda as I don't have to reset everything for going into the front end of an amp rather than a loop when I gig with the 2 Monkeys.   I can say it is a great gigging amp aside from that, and I've been really pleased with the sound of the amp overall.  I just need something a bit more versatile. 

I'm not trying to make any money here, so $900 flat gets it to your door.  If you like EL84s and one channel amps that go nicely from dirt to sparkle without much fuss, you'll really dig this fella.  

I'll try to get some pics of my own up in a bit, but the one's Bubs threw up are still representative.  

For specs on the amp, from the 3 Monkeys website:

SOCK MONKEY 18/12

1 review

$1,849.00

1 item left

Share:     

Same great Sock Monkey tone, now with 18W of output & a 12″ Celestion Greenback.

You asked for it, you got it! The Sock Monkey 18/12 features a slightly larger cabinet that holds a 12″ Celestion Greenback and a new larger output transformer for closer to 18 watts and more headroom. It runs 2x EL84 output tubes and 3x 12AX7 preamp tubes. VOLUME, TREBLE, BASS, and MASTER controls, as well as a pull BOOST on the volume control allow many tonal possibilities. This is our decidedly British sounding combo, it’s tone is in between a AC-15 and an 18 watter with more gain.

SPECIFICATIONS

• Two EL84 Output Tubes (cathode bias)
  • 18 Watts Output with Master Volume
  • Three 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
  • Volume (Pull Boost)
  • Master Volume
  • Bass
  • Treble
  • Celestion G12-M 12" 8ohm Greenback - Changed to WGS 55hz Reaper
  • Dimensions: 18.75"W x 17"H x 8.25"D
  • Weight: 28lbs
  • Sonic Blue Tolex with Ivory racing stripe (Standard)
  • Other color combinations Red/Ivory, Surf Green/Ivory, Silver/White, Purple/Fawn, etc. See them all here.

This is the third time this amp has become available at a bad time - seriously, do you guys watch my bank account for when the college checks clear?!

😕

15 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

This is the third time this amp has become available at a bad time - seriously, do you guys watch my bank account for when the college checks clear?!

😕

No, but I watch my bank account for when the college checks clear! 😂

I'm not in a huge rush to sell it.  I feel like the price is pretty solid all things being equal.  I know Kiz hate caveats, but I really am only selling this amp because I would really like something with a loop because it makes moving my board between rigs a whole lot easier.  Two channels is pretty nice as well, though this thing cleans up so nicely with just the volume knob on the guitar and sounds so good in general that I would probably would keep it if it had a loop.  I got a good deal on a pre-Peavey Budda that perfectly fits the bill.  Otherwise it wouldn't be here.  

I know it doesn't make much difference, but I always get a million questions about it at a gig too.  It's a really fun amp to have, just not quite what I need by a slim margin.

4 hours ago, DEMENTED said:

Hmmm, I'm still interested in this amp......but, I have a ton of gear for sale right now. Waiting for something to sell....ugh. Here is some of my stuff if anyone wants to help me buy this amp. https://reverb.com/my/selling/listings

I clicked on that link of yours and got... my Reverb listings, which currently sit at zero in number. :huh::lol:

7 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

It would go with the amp, the # of days is your pick in the pool. Anybody need an East?

A Blue ROCKS in  an 18 watt Marshall circuit.

6 hours ago, cynic said:

Hell!  I was thinking I’d send my East to you, you send $900 to Oxford, and he sends the monkey to South Mississippi. 

I wouldn't shoot down that little rig, I just think that maybe two 18watt Stacks are a little overkill. 

8 hours ago, Menehune said:

I clicked on that link of yours and got... my Reverb listings, which currently sit at zero in number. :huh::lol:

Thanks. I think I fixed the link, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived