Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHGD: 1991 Hamer Double Neck O’Connor Californian

DBraz

Whilst still relatively new to me I have owned this quite a while now.  

It is a Hamer Double Neck Californian built on 1st November 1991.  It has a few rather lovely options.  Firstly it is the only Double Neck Californian with full body paint by the quite superb Jim O’Connor.  I liaised with Jim on Facebook and he remembered doing the artwork.  He utilised a variety of special paints and techniques including real gold leaf and marbling done with feathers.  The original colour was blue but the clear has faded to the current green hue which I love.

The second awesome option is the LED inlays, all working.  The fretboard wood grain is breathtaking.  Hamer really cared.

The switching, clockwise, is volume (12 string), pickup toggle (12 string), pickup toggle (6 string), LED inlay on/off, guitar selector (12 string exclusively, both guitars simultaneously, 6 string exclusively), volume (6 string).

Both humbuckers are Seymour Duncan JBJ’s and the neck single coils Seymour Duncan’s.

Weight, for those that care, is 11.78 lbs.  It has a great acoustic voice😀

9232842B-5175-4AF7-B7CA-AB50184C6C5F.jpeg

You know that I love that one!!!

I was going to suggest concentric vol/tone pots, but it’s probably better to keep it stock. 

Look at the bright side: Now you have full reign to balance the pickup heights to get close to the sounds you want. 

8 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

Beautiful!

Have you played Stairway to Heaven on it yet?

No, but I have played Wish You Were Here.  In fact that’s the first thing I played on it once it was tuned to pitch!

Poor London Heathrow, the planes keep getting diverted to the Brazington home with all the LEDs fired up and guiding the planes in!!

2 hours ago, HamStd said:

Poor London Heathrow, the planes keep getting diverted to the Brazington home with all the LEDs fired up and guiding the planes in!!

BRILLIANT!   I must get a group shot.  There’s a crazy amount of LEDs going on. 

3 hours ago, black magic said:

That is way too cool!! Set-Neck or Neck Thru? Either way= Awsome!

I'm reasonably sure Hamer never did neck-thru's. It's very likely a set neck.

Archived