Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Incoming! Talladega

Camstone

Well, I've been trying to be really good about not bringing in any more guitars. But.

I've been lusting after this guitar since it came up on Reverb and Ebay back in March. The seller is a music store in the Houston area. Originally they had it at $2995 and over the last five moths the price has slowly been coming down.

I made the seller an offer (not lowball, but what I thought the guitar was worth) about six weeks ago which he declined. I wasn't in a hurry, so I just waited and made him another offer yesterday which he accepted.

The Talladega model has been on my wish for a while. I am a fan of 25.5 scale, and "V" shaped necks. And although I would prefer a Cherry Sunburst or Jazzburst finish, it looks like the Amberburst is a good fit for the quilted top on this one. All of the Talladega tone reports that I've read/watched make it sound like a guitar that I will really bond with. I guess I'm about to find out.....

These are a couple of the seller's pics. Most of you have probably seen it since it's been for sale online for five months.

Tally 7.jpg

Tally 2.jpg

You did well, sir!  🤘🤘

Guitar arrived yesterday afternoon. What a looker!

Haven't plugged it in yet, but seems very resonant and surprisingly lightweight. Nice low action and the shape of the neck feels great. Rehearsal tonight and two gigs this weekend.

Tally 1.jpg

So the verdict is in, I love love love my new Tally. Super resonant, lightweight, big full neck profile and the single coils give me a different tone than my other guitars. Kinda like a Tele on steroids. Had two gigs last weekend and played the Tally a lot. Here's a pic I took yesterday of my three quilted Hamers.

Camstone Korina Junior, "Mr. Quilty" Special LE, and the Tally.

DSCN0874 (1024x768).jpg

11 minutes ago, Camstone said:

So the verdict is in, I love love love my new Tally. Super resonant, lightweight, big full neck profile and the single coils give me a different tone than my other guitars. Kinda like a Tele on steroids. Had two gigs last weekend and played the Tally a lot. Here's a pic I took yesterday of my three quilted Hamers.

Camstone Korina Junior, "Mr. Quilty" Special LE, and the Tally.

DSCN0874 (1024x768).jpg

Call me shallow, but I love a deep quilted top!

Can you give us a more detailed tone report? I’ve never heard or seen a Tally in person so they are kind of mysterious and intriguing to me.

Archived