Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1000 people play, "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

9 hours ago, Thundersteel said:

I'm still trying to figure out what "Teen Spirit" smells like! Perfume? Body odor? Lack of motivation? 

Maybe this?

Edited to add:  According to Wikipedia, the words 'Teen Spirit' actually was referring to the deodorant in a very convoluted and roundabout way, but Kurt Cobain supposedly didn't know it even was a deodorant until months after the song made it big:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smells_Like_Teen_Spirit

Just for fun, here it is remixed in a major key...one of the comments for the YooToob video said it sounded like 'Smells LikeTeen Spirit Radio Disney version':

13 hours ago, crunchee said:

Maybe this?

Edited to add:  According to Wikipedia, the words 'Teen Spirit' actually was referring to the deodorant in a very convoluted and roundabout way, but Kurt Cobain supposedly didn't know it even was a deodorant until months after the song made it big:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smells_Like_Teen_Spirit

Just for fun, here it is remixed in a major key...one of the comments for the YooToob video said it sounded like 'Smells LikeTeen Spirit Radio Disney version':

^ Hilarious. (Second video, though the first one was pretty funny too...by Mennen).

On 8/27/2018 at 2:16 PM, currypowder said:

Yeah, that's it. 🙄

That is so cool. They're having so much fun which is what I think music is all about. Love it!

That song always gets me.

When it came out it signalled a rapid decline of an era that formulated my love of guitar.  

I swore I’d never gig it but I did.  Even as a 15 year old I felt a sense of embarrassment that I was selling out.

On 8/27/2018 at 2:16 PM, Steve Haynie said:

All those Italians playing an American band's song, wearing T-shirts with messages on them in English, signs on the stadium in English...  does Italy have its own identity anymore?

Good point. Speaking as a sort of Italian, we don't. But in fairness, I think the whole world is morphing into a sort of Americanized/Western online boarder- less state, with nothing more than a token nod to their actual cultural past. Sorry of all that seems a bit heavy but, think about inter cultural and inter nation marriages, a French kid has an Italian mother and German father and live in England...what is he/she? Who cares, they work for Google, buy stuff on line and have no religious leaning, that's the world now.

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

Good point. Speaking as a sort of Italian, we don't. But in fairness, I think the whole world is morphing into a sort of Americanized/Western online boarder- less state, with nothing more than a token nod to their actual cultural past. Sorry of all that seems a bit heavy but, think about inter cultural and inter nation marriages, a French kid has an Italian mother and German father and live in England...what is he/she? Who cares, they work for Google, buy stuff on line and have no religious leaning, that's the world now.

Dang. That's a shame. Having cultural identity is what makes nations and their peoples unique.

I hate this modern world...

9 hours ago, fasteddie said:

A French cousin was married to a Spanish girl for a few years.  Another French cousin told me of family vacations to Spain. 

When people come back from Europe with photos and videos of historic, old cities and buildings they are showing the past.  The photos of the food are what interest me.  It is different from country to country and region to region.  McDonald's is not part of the food tour! 

If a band is from Germany, Italy, France, etc., I want them to sing at least something in German, Italian, or French.  Sabaton asked American audiences if they wanted a song sung in English or Swedish, and the audiences would go for Swedish night after night.  Sepultura has made a big deal out of their Brazilian ancestry to make themselves have a unique identity different from the rest of the metal bands.    English lyrics are universal, but each country has music in its own language.  Make us Americans do a little work to understand the lyrics!

35 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

A French cousin was married to a Spanish girl for a few years.  Another French cousin told me of family vacations to Spain. 

When people come back from Europe with photos and videos of historic, old cities and buildings they are showing the past.  The photos of the food are what interest me.  It is different from country to country and region to region.  McDonald's is not part of the food tour! 

If a band is from Germany, Italy, France, etc., I want them to sing at least something in German, Italian, or French.  Sabaton asked American audiences if they wanted a song sung in English or Swedish, and the audiences would go for Swedish night after night.  Sepultura has made a big deal out of their Brazilian ancestry to make themselves have a unique identity different from the rest of the metal bands.    English lyrics are universal, but each country has music in its own language.  Make us Americans do a little work to understand the lyrics!

Je suis un Rock Star...etc etc..😁

Archived