Hamer Fan Club Message Center

GAS related to season?

Just an observation: 

It looks that during the summer months (and specially on vacation) I am more prone to GAS than in any other time of the year. Most of my aquisitions happen from May to late August, and vacations seem to give this effect another boost...Two years ago (from Como Lake, Italy) I bought an amp, last years from Corsica some pedals and now I am on Zakynthos (Greece island) and find myself thinking about a Budda Superdrive... 

Anyone else with such experience?

PS: And don‘t tell me to change my destinations... 😎

For me it´s the time around xmas... Every thing is dark, year is gone: time to make myself a present ☺️

(in summer I am to often outside in the garden and in my holidays I am complet "offline". so GAS could not arrive me...)

For me, GAS level is inversely proportional to how much money I have. Seemingly all the good stuff comes around when I'm short on cash. Don't even know why I'm looking in the first place but I think that's the nature of someone afflicted with GAS.

If you're on a Greek island thinking of amps, you may need a longer vacation. :) I recently spent a week in Sithonia with a stunning model, and did not once think of guitars, amps, or anything musical. 

6 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

Model...? Uhm... Car? Guitar? Boat...? 😊

Fashion :D This was what we saw each evening... the whole time in Greece I think I did not once think of music.

IMG_6769.jpg

Same with me this summer. It just looked like this.

Sunset at the Olba

Other than that, GAS related I think I’m seasoned to money flow. So, when it flows I try to redirect parts of the flow into any type of gear, whether natural or virtual. It works even better when I can tie it to a project that’s working in mind.

35 minutes ago, gorch said:

Same with me this summer. It just looked like this.

Sunset at the Olba

Other than that, GAS related I think I’m seasoned to money flow. So, when it flows I try to redirect parts of the flow into any type of gear, whether natural or virtual. It works even better when I can tie it to a project that’s working in mind.

FD838264-C26C-448D-8390-44FBE44E9785.jpeg898A6CAF-FDD4-4819-A4A4-3ACDE01B3F64.jpeg

Lets swing our pics... 😂

Gas is directly related to how much food/drink I ingest that's NOT easily digested. That is all.

Oh, sorry. Wrong "gas".

Having Reverb bucks sitting in my account is dangerous so I try to transfer that to the bank before some other shiny object catches my eye lol.  Lately it's been 'sell a guitar buy a pedal bank the rest'. Too much temptation up there. One of these days I'll have enough Reverb bucks when a DGT comes along then I'll have some 'splaining to do to mrs stonge.

Archived