Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rivera Amps

They are very similar to the R-Series amps, like the Fifty-Five twelve. Very well designed amps. Top quality build construction. The chubster has a bigger cabinet than the R-55 12, though I don't know what the other changes are.

I've got one- purchased new years ago. Great clean, distortion  channel needs to be loud w/ boost engaged  for optimal sound imo.  Great build quality. Would not be my first choice for a bedroom/ quiet practice amp. Shines when you can open it up but I find that's the case with most amps. They all have a sweet spot 

I would definitely say that the "lead" channel, which is more UK style, sound best when relatively loud. The clean is great, but can get a bit of bite as well.

I own one and I love it.  I’ve had it about 6 years now and have had zero problems with it. It’s got a sweet top end and the deeper cabinet gives it a nice bass voice.  It lacks a bit of clean headroom.  The “American” voiced channel, even set as clean as possible is always right on the edge of breakup.  Blackface-ish sound profile. With a pull bright and a notch it’s very Blackface Deluxe Reverb. Drive channel is mucho Marshall.  Nice grab and go. The only negative for me is the absence of an extension speaker output.

Archived